Dr.Dre headphones SOLO or STUDIO?

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Rukia90, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Rukia90

Rukia90 Well-Known Member

2. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

expensive. look cool though.

as your balling, donate a ps3 to me so i can buy that dum game kthxbai

3. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Solo for non-professional use.

4. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i like solo style but if you're recording then get studio

5. Dr Dre Beats are disgusting :puke:.

I wouldn't even wear them if I were given them for free. The only thing I would do is resell them to make a couple of hundred bucks.

I cringe at the sight of Dr Dre Beats on people's heads.

The only thing Dr Dre Beats are useful for: to be displayed on "Will it blend".

6. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. :trollface:

8. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

Agreed. They sound awful and are way over priced.

High end headphone manufactures target audience are audiophiles.
    Skull Candy target audience are people who are more interested in looks than audio quality.
    Dr Dre Beats target audience are idiots.

9. lol idiots with money to burn..

as for the topic.. it's obvious get teh studio ones cause the bass hit harder..

the solos are small and sound quality is even worse than that of the studios..

10. DarKNeSsKun

DarKNeSsKun Active Member

If money is no object to you, and your bent on getting the dr.dre then i go for the studio as the quality is much better, sound, and comfort i can't really give my opinion as i hated them as soon as i got them, and returned them and purchased UE TF10 IEM, that were on sale. if you plan to get the Solo then i say get the Solo HD as i my friend has the solo and they aren't made so well as the hinges like to grab hair. The Solo HD that he got after they came out were better made with tighter hinges, and less gap. I can't comment on whether or not they fixed the problems on the Solo's they sell now.

11. stab me with a hot knife.......

three family members have got beats..... :facepalm:

12. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

$130 for solo and $230 for studios on boxing day...pretty good

13. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

i would get the studio or the red solo, mainly for the looks, if it gets snatched off my head and i fail to catch the person then i got pwned

14. you're still on jipped on $110 for the solo and $210 on the studio -lol

15. racebannon

racebannon Well-Known Member

Honestly why would you even consider Beats unless you were a professional musician you don't need all that stuff it claims on the front of the box. On the other hand if you are an overpaid professional athlete and just wanna look cool, by all means.

16. lmao even 20 dollar earbuds have better sound fidelity and clarity than these beats.

17. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Good if you can afford it and Stupid if you are low on cash.

18. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

get some refurbish monsters :shifty: lol much cheaper hehe..

anyways... I would go with Ultimate Ears over Monsters

19. joekdo

joekdo Active Member

Not sure what you're looking for specifically, but really for the price... Dr Dre headphones just AREN'T worth it! They have monster bass, if that's what you're looking for, but not much else. Also, it may create a "ballin" effect, again, if that's what you're looking for.

Otherwise there are a lot of headphones out there that not only sound better or just as good, but are ALOT cheaper!

As Runtohell said, I'd definitely take UEs over Monster anything, any day.

As a cheaper alternative, check out www.meelec.com They make AMAZING headphones for the price, and a bit of googling reveals that they frequently have sales that make the prices even more attractive.