20 Million Lose Jobs in Guangdong

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by fearless_fx, Feb 21, 2009.

1. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29292739

2. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

wow its hitting guangdong as well.....>.<

3. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

What shitty times we live in.

4. bobbylee

bobbylee Well-Known Member

wow, 20 million ppl? thats the population of the whole of australia

5. quang1

quang1 Member

It seems the economic downfall has finally hit China. -sigh.-
    Though I heard that some people are taking this quite leisurely in China, and have the sense of "We'll survive like we did histories ago".

6. minizt

minizt Member

my friend as been working in finical for 10 year, now laid off:(

7. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol 100 years ago China's population was a lot smaller, and its entire economy wasn't based on export.

8. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

the plight of the current economy :(

9. macahlo

macahlo New Member

that sucks, im glad im in the stable USA.....

10. superviper

superviper Well-Known Member

i think this is a global thing. no one can escape the downfall of the economy. hope by the end of this year, things will go better!

11. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

wow in guangdong too. the economy is heading downfall. that's sad. hope things will get better soon.

12. countryboy

countryboy Well-Known Member

20 millions, are you sure?
    the population of the province is about 100milllion, discounting the unemployables like elders, and youngster, you have about 30 million employable people, so you mean only 1/3 of the people are employed now?!

by the way, I already included the out of province people, native population of the province is about 70 million.

13. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

The kind of blithe attitude that is alluded to seems to forget that hundreds of million Chinese had to die in order to endure China's history. Not a nice thought. -shock

I think the CNBC article referred to numbers of jobs lost (not number of people who lost jobs) within the Guang Dong region, meaning that securing gainful employment, already a difficult proposition given the competition in China, is going to be even harder. The thrust of the article points out that it has become even more of a buyer's market. Salaries and benefits, already low in comparision to western nations, are going to be suppressed even further. This article only discusses Guang Dong, but the implications for the rest of China is clear. What this will eventually do to a nation with 1.3 billion hungry mouths is the worrisome equation.

#13 ralphrepo, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  14. babyliz

babyliz Member

this year i think China will get hit harder then the rest of the world.

15. bLiTz13

bLiTz13 Member

that reallly sucks

16. cytan6613

cytan6613 New Member

pity of them ..

17. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

The problem for China mostly is that it seriously needs to get out from foreign consumer dependency and develop its own middle class. Chinese consumers need to have a much higher degree of disposable income, as opposed to just survival income, which some now won't even make. However, given the systemic and endemic corruption, it would be amazing if they can ever pull that off.

18. lala_bel_tempo

lala_bel_tempo Well-Known Member

haha no sh!t,

19. soniczone

soniczone Member

What's going on with our World? Can't we all live in peace? but there will always be that evil word (GREED)

20. sams12345

sams12345 Well-Known Member

wow thats really sad, i know a friend who has relatives there and i think some of them lost their jobs and they're really going through a tough time