A SNSD cartoon that caused outrage

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by jazlynnyee, Jan 30, 2009.

1. jazlynnyee

jazlynnyee Fantabulous!!!

[​IMG]

A cartoon on idol group So Nyeo Shi Dae released recently had caused an outrage amongst the So Nyeo Shi Dae fans.

The So Nyeo Shi Dae members were depicted and classified as the ‘Pretty 3′, ‘Non-existant 5′ and a dot.

A Mr. Yoon, who claims to be a 30-year-old uncle, posted the cartoon titled ‘Joy Ride So Nyeo Shi Dae‘ on a portal site on 22nd January.

The cartoons depicts the So Nyeo Shi Dae members YoonA, Soo Young and Yuri as the ‘Pretty 3′. The cartoonist also wrote, “YoonA was the first to catch my eye, then YuRi was next. And recently I see more of SooYoung.”

The rest of the cartoon members were named ‘Non-existant 5′ and there was one last cartoon member drawn as just a dot.

This cartoon was #1 search on portal sites after its release, but it has also received fierce criticisms on noticeboards and discussion sites.

This Mr.Yoon wrote on his blog on 24th January with the title, ‘I’m sorry to all So Nyeo Shi Dae fans’.

He said,
    "Recently, my shoulders are getting heavy with more and more people reading this cartoon.

I’m sorry that as a 30-year-old ajussi (uncle), I don’t really know So Nyeo Shi Dae well. I really like So Nyeo Shi Dae. But having even to see them on television I got confused of the rest of the members other than this 3 members.
    I am sorry for those who felt unhappy reading the cartoon."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol...i really wonder who's that DOT??? :p

Credit: KBite

2. w10_chi24

w10_chi24 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    take ur pick on the dot =p
    Tiffany, Yuri, Yoona, Jessica, Hyoyeon, Soo young, Seohyun, Tae yeon, Sunny

3. LOL i wonder who the dot is o_O
    I only remember Yuri from a show...
    Dun even remember the rest of them XD

4. laff this 30 year old uncle admits that he doesn't know the group well and only drew up the ones he liked , maybe he should of left this up to real fans and ignorant less.