Ada Choi, Gigi Lai, Maggie Shiu, Bowie, Moses, Wong He in New 80 Episode Series!

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Nirvania, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ada Choi Siu Fun, Gigi Lai Chi, Maggie Shiu Mei Kei, Bowie Lam, Moses Chan, and Wong He will be starring in a modern 80 episode series produced by Chik Kei Yi. The series will film in January 2007 at exotic locations such as South Africa and Qingdao, China. This 80 episode series will be a major project for TVB in 2007!

Since 1999's "At the Threshold of an Era," TVB executive manager, Mrs. Tsang has requested that Chik produce a series with an all star cast. Chik is again featuring his favorite posse of artists in the new series. Since Ada, Bowie, Moses, Gigi, and Maggie were recently featured in "Dance of Passion," wouldn't the cast not give the audience any freshness?

Chik is not afraid the audience will be bored, "These artists are not acting in the same type of characters. The plot will speak about 3 sisters competing amidst a corporate backdrop and will feature an intricate and moving story. So I am not worried that the audience will be bored."

Aside from Chik Kei Yi's new 80 episode series, TVB will have a lot of interesting projects coming up in 2007. At a recent sales presentation, TVB showcased a series revolving around immigration affairs, with the temporary title "True Heart Hero"(真心英雄). Bowie Lam, Charmaine Sheh and Wong Hop Hei participated in the presentation. Also Ada Choi, Anne Heung, Bernice Liu, and Shirley Yeung were featured in a sales clip for ancient series "Exquisite Jade Surface" 《玉面玲瓏》.

Credits to Dramasian

2. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

wow! 80 whopping episodes! and almost

same cast as dance of passion, and i didn't

like dance of passion.

3. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

I liked DOP, but I think it's stupid how he chose the same cast members for this new production. The repetiveness is getting boring.

There are only so many decent actors left in TVB though... [​IMG]

4. i think the reason most young ppl didn't like The Dance of Passion is b coz they dun really understand what the actors r saying... n the setting is too boring... everything was just on the desert...

since this is a modern series with Ada, Gigi, Bowie and Wong Hei... looks interesting :)

5. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

Bowie Lam and Wong Hei, of course you'll like it! and i didn't like dance of passion much because of the setting, even the tone of all the clips were in red.

6. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

Are you calling me old? [​IMG]

I mean, I like the actors and everything, they have pretty good on-screen chemistry, but they've acted opposite each other too many times already, and I think it'll be nice to have a change for once.

A modern series with Ada, Gigi, Bowie, Moses and Maggie just reminds me of Healing Hands. [​IMG]

7. hahaha... i didn't call u old... *whispers u said it urself* j/k :p

to me i didn't like DOP as much as War and Beauty coz of the settings and costumes... DOP lacks colour... everything's yellow n brown n it makes the whole thing really dull...

also the dialogues were a bit of problem for me... i needed to listen to each word very carefully n translate to modern language in my head... i guess my brain needed more time to work n they talked faster than i can understand >.<

8. madkute

madkute Well-Known Member

oh, it's going to be 80 episodes! I thought it was going to be based on the 1980's....my mistake.

9. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

Why keep on using them I am bored dont even bother to see drama they act almost the same just the character run here and there. This producer is not good at all no freshness.

10. skysz86

skysz86 Well-Known Member

Ada Choi and Gigi Lai, whats there not to like?
    if tavia was in it too...would be the best cast ever.

11. Bowie n Wong Hei is enough to keep me hooked :p