Ada Choi Rejects TVB Ghost Drama Due to Religion

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Sep 5, 2014.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

[​IMG]

TVB producer Steven Tsui (徐正康), most famous for producing the classic comedy dramas War of the Genders <男親女愛> and To Catch the Uncatchable <棟篤神探>, recently announced his plans to film a television drama about ghosts. The drama, which would begin filming at the end of the year, will star Moses Chan (陳豪).

Steven Tsui originally wanted to cast Ada Choi (蔡少芬) to star alongside Moses. Eager to work with Steven Tsui and Moses, Ada immediately turned down three mainland Chinese dramas to make room in her schedule to film the series. However, after receiving the script and realizing that it would revolve around ghosts, Ada ultimately decided to turn down the role.

Ada, who is Christian, apologized, “I had to turn it down. Since I chose to accept God, I don’t want to act in films or dramas about ghosts. I did act in [1997 horror film] Troublesome Night <陰陽路>, but that was almost 20 years ago and I haven’t filmed a ghost movie or drama since.”

She expressed that it is pity that she could not work with Moses. Ada said, “Moses Chan knows about this. He also thought it was strange I got cast, since he knows I don’t act in ghost movies.”

Since she already turned down earlier mainland drama offers, Ada was asked if she had lost a lot of money. She laughed and said, “It’s not a pity. I’ll just wait and see what else I can do!”

At the Huading Awards held in Beijing on August 27, Ada won Best Actress in an Ancient Drama for her role in TVB’s Beauty at War <金枝慾孽貳>. Would Ada ask for a higher remuneration fee? “That depends on my manager. I’m already very thankful.”

Moses Chan and Kristal Tin Collaborate for the First Time

Ada’s role will be replaced by Kristal Tin (田蕊妮), who is a Buddhist. Kristal said, “We all have different choices. This will be my first time working with Moses Chan. I’m really anticipating it!”

Moses commented, “Ada Choi and I are really good friends. We can’t work together this time, but there will be a next time. She is a great partner and person, and very fun to hang out with. She’s crazy, so it’s easy to find chemistry with her.”

Moses is excited to work with Kristal for the first time. “This is a fresh partnership. We don’t know what our roles are yet, but I am looking forward to work with Producer Steven Tsui again

Creds: Oriental Daily

2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Getting sick of Kristal

3. brianyu

brianyu Well-Known Member

me too ... lol she is so not cute but try to be cute !

4. moonlightshadow

moonlightshadow Well-Known Member

Ada Choice too cool man.

"It's Against my religion!"

5. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Like that she stands up for her religion.