All eyes on the rise of the "female Bi"

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by Maverick, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

All eyes on the rise of the "female Bi"

Friday, July 27 2007 @ 01:37 AM CDT
    [​IMG]

Bi fans are eagerly anticipating a big break for the girl widely considered to be the "female Bi."

Son Dam Bi, a former model who recently debuted as a singer, has raised eyebrows for her powerful "clumping" dance. Son Dam Bi's dance moves have already been labeled as "fantastic" and original, which is just one of the reasons why she is being compared to Bi. The fact that her name includes "Bi," can hardly be overlooked. Son Dam Bi's agency, Atree, is confident that Son Dam Bi is a rising star who's pretty face, dance moves, and charisma can rocket her to a stardom similar to Bi.

I have yet to see this girl in action on stage, but something about the fact that her dance moves are called "clumping," makes me a little skeptical. I mean, just how sensational can they be? I've already seen the moonwalk and the robot. If clumping can somehow be on par with those, then I'll be in absolute shock. Did I mention that I'm a master breakdancer?

*edit: Apparently the dance style is called "krumping" and I'm just an ignorant and uncultured bastard. Thanks to the Anonymous commenter.

[youtube]fGkGZW9KtJc[/youtube]

More pics after the jump.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Credits to EmpasNews

2. Kathleen_Alex

Kathleen_Alex Active Member

Woah!! Marvellous dancing.. This is my first time hearing her name n i'm already amused by her dancing!!

3. regal_aeros

regal_aeros Well-Known Member

she only looks nice in certain angles... and is she dancing krump in her MV? it looks like ordinary pop dance steps...

[youtube]VlslUoPGXSM[/youtube]

watch the guy with the moustache (he is a dance teacher) that is wad i taught krump is...

4. sillumjay

sillumjay Well-Known Member

hmmm some angles are like WoW but ermm other angles are like... ok.... i'm confused
    i'll have to do more research to decide whether she can be at hyori's level hehe

ok watching that vid... that isny krumping is it o.0 it just looks like ordinary steps to me o.0 to do a lil bit of dancing if i am bothered but i dont think thats krumping o.0

5. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Yup .. that's just ordinary steps .. she doesn't look at all that hot either.... her eyes look swollen .. guess too much make-up there .. anyway, this is the first i too heard of her name.

6. person

person Well-Known Member

The girls video, none of it looks like krumping at all. The second video posted, that's krumping.
    I don't know, watching her video she doesn't look interesting at all. Looks like she didn't put that much effort into the dancing. Like many other stars, seems she cares about her appearence than dancing. There's not enough energy.

7. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Her moves arent that original :?

8. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

hmmm....well nor are Rain's imo
    lotsa times he just copies from american artists

9. kianu

kianu Well-Known Member

wowww..she's good and hot..i'm already in love with her

10. kianu

kianu Well-Known Member

but for sure she can't compare to bi rain or to hyori

11. natnat528

natnat528 Active Member

nothing special.. guess i expected a bit too much

12. natnat528

natnat528 Active Member

nothing special.. guess i expected a bit 2 much

13. youstop1

youstop1 Member

She's pretty and hot, but can't compare with bi rain

14. parc_ann

parc_ann Member

she pretty, but something is lacking... charm? idunno..hahaha but one thing is for sure she needs more energy ahahaha

15. kesalan

kesalan Member

hmm...i can't find the similarity with bi

16. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

she looks good....i meant, every korean girls look good.

17. x_dimsum

x_dimsum Active Member

18. x_dimsum

x_dimsum Active Member

but shes really pretty, so she become pretty famous =]

19. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

no pics = worthlesss