“American Idol” Cuts Down on Absurdity, Adds a Judge

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by STorres, Jan 13, 2009.

1. STorres

STorres Member

“American Idol” Cuts Down on Absurdity, Adds a Judge
    12-Jan-2009

According to MSNBC, the last season of Idol saw a six percent drop in ratings from the previous season.

The popular television singing competition has enlisted songwriter Kara DioGuardi as their fourth judge, along with a number of other changes that will create a different experience in the next season of the show.

DioGuardi will join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul, which now creates a male/female balance at the judging table. In an interview with NBC’s Today show on Monday, DioGuardi said, “I’m a straight shooter, I’m going to tell it like I see it, but I’m also going to bring some heart to the show.” According to an MSNBC article, DioGuardi has written several hit songs, including “Ain’t No Other Man” (sung by Christina Aguilera), “Walk Away” (sung by Kelly Clarkson), and “Pieces of Me” (sung by Ashlee Simpson).

To read the rest of the article (as well as a youbtube link to an American Idol peformance), go here: http://thecelebritycafe.com/features/23401.html