Andy Lau's Family Are Vegetarians

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Mar 4, 2015.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

[​IMG]

Andy Lau (劉德華) is well known for his intense privacy. When spotted in public, wife Carol Chu (朱麗倩) often wears a face mask and is surrounded by bodyguards. Even after the birth of Andy’s daughter Hanna Lau (劉向蕙) in 2012, he has only shared a photo of her hand, choosing to shield her from the public’s eye.

Andy cherished the Lunar New Year holiday to spend more time with his family. He revealed that his entire family is vegetarian, and in fact, his daughter had been fed on an exclusively vegetarian diet since birth. When Hanna was born, he took a break from his career and rejected all work so that he could concentrate on looking after her. He explained, “The nanny we hired was not vegetarian, so I had to be in charge of the vegetarian meals for my wife and daughter. I wanted to ensure that the entire family had a clean and wholesome diet.”

Fierce in maintaining her privacy, Andy allegedly did not organize a banquet to celebrate Hanna’s first month of birth. He nevertheless kept to the other customs in Hong Kong and distributed ginger and vinegar – a traditional gift to commemorate a baby’s full month – to his friends and family. Even then, Andy had specially ordered the items from a vegetarian restaurant, to be in line with his vegetarian lifestyle.

Creds: Chinaeyes