Any news about the Korean Shin noodle?

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by rax_7, Jan 3, 2013.

1. rax_7

rax_7 Well-Known Member

have they done further test on the noodle? Although the US here didnt recall any Nongshim noodle, i have not eaten any of those noodles since then. but i like their noodle, better than the US made Manchu Ramen.

2. Nongshim is the only instant noodles I go to now. I believe there isn't any issues with this particular brand.

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Didn't even know there was a recall. But i've been eating Nongshim noodles. Pretty good for me, and no problem.

4. Looks like it was only certain batches that were recalled due to higher than normal levels of the potentially carcinogenic substance "benzopyrene" in the powdered packets of flavouring/soup base.

It appears some countries issue a voluntary recall on some of the Nongshim products:

Covered by the recall are:

1. Nongshim Neoguri (Hot), expiration dates Oct. 22 to Nov. 11, 2012
    2. Nongshim Neoguri (Hot) Multi, expiration dates Oct. 22 to Nov. 11, 2012
    3. Nongshim Neoguri (Mild), expiration dates Oct. 28 to Nov. 17, 2012
    4. Nongshim Big Bowl Noodle Shrimp, expiration dates Nov. 4 to 29, 2012 and Jan. 1 to 30, 2013 (made in Busan only)
    5. Nongshim Saengsaeng Udon Bowl Noodle, expiration dates Sept. 30 to Oct. 22, 2012
    6. Nongship Saengsaeng Udon, expiry dates Aug. 28 to Oct. 8, 2012

Shin Ramen instant noodles manufactured by Nongshim were ok'd....

5. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT they have a BLACK version on shin... gotta try!!

6. Black tastes the roughly same .... just no msg in the black version compared to the 'normal' version

7. cailini

cailini Well-Known Member

Huh, I've only had the spicy kimchi nongshim ramen. I wonder if that flavor is also something to worry about.
    But benzopyrene is actually somewhat common. You can get exposure to it from cigarette smoke, car exhaust, burnt wood, grilled and broiled foods, and in just being in many outdoor and indoor environments.
    Everything seems to give you cancer now-a-days...

8. rax_7

rax_7 Well-Known Member

since the recall, i have stopped eating Nongshim and tried other brand. i found another Korean brand named Paldo noodles are good too. especially the Hwa Ramen and the Kimchi noodle. i feel their noodles(面条) are better.
    [​IMG]

#8 rax_7, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013