Anyone Playing Diablo Immortal?

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by ralphrepo, Jul 3, 2022.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

The game has gotten a lot of bad press because it is literally a money grab and a must pay to win. Some netizens have calculated that to get full upgrade on an item (inclusive of all possible gems, etc) would literally cost more than $50,000 USD. This game was designed from the onset to be an answer to all those pay for play mobile phone titles but using a Blizzard type game. It is also available on the PC and it is playable without paying though advancement become difficult. One netizen's comment was that it would take him literally years to advance to one game level while someone paying could do it to that level in ten minutes.

Blizzard has gotten a lot of bad press of late as staff there reportedly has been unhappy with their new ownership direction. They had been bought out by Activision and since then all their efforts has been towards making their library into money uber alles machine. Their recent sale to Microsoft isn't making staffers happy as MS is already a known quantity of profit above all else. Thus, their previously successful and beloved titles (like the upcoming Diablo 4 scheduled release 2023) are feared to fall into the pay to play category as well.

Anyone playing? Comments?

#1 ralphrepo, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I have never played a Diablo title but I did hear about this ridiculous pay to win thing. It sucks now that every game is so micro-transaction based pay to win.

Like in sports games where you can pay to open packs for better players for your team, although it is possible that you just "grind" the game for in game currency.

The games that only does microtransaction for skin-based items (cosmetics only) is fine. One of the games that I play the most is Rocket League you can perfectly play the game without spending. Everything is cosmetics only.

3. hkop

hkop Well-Known Member

ya i spent 1 mil on the game im top player ranked 1 at the moment

4. ralphrepo

Micro transactions are fine so long as it's only cosmetics and perhaps inventory management. Blizzard had been a stellar gaming company until they were taken over by Activision. It's been downhill from that point. I'm not holding any hopes for Diablo 4 to be any better. Path of Exile is another title that allows microtransactions, but again, only cosmetic and inventory.

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Inventory management as in inventory slots? Not too familiar with Diable but back in Maplestory, you can expand your inventory slots. And also buy a pet that basically auto loots. Even I think a pet in this case is pay 2 win.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ralphrepo

If you've ever played Paths of Exile, you'll know what I mean as inventory in that game is humongous. Purchasing extra storage pages or dedicated item storage pages makes it a lot easier as the items start to overflow after a while. One doesn't necessarily 'need' it, but it does make managing the game so much easier. And too, you can purchase a pet that follows you around, but only like an avatar without any other game functions. I actually liked my character to be more brightly lit and glowing so that in hectic battles I can easily spot where I am in the mess. So I bought items like glowing shoes and gloves, glowing weapon, etc, LOL...