April finally debuts with 'Dream Candy'

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by EvilTofu, Aug 24, 2015.

1. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

DSP's new girl group April finally debuts with 'Dream Candy' + album tracks!

Going with the cute concept..

2. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

How old are they? Are they over 16 yet?? let's see how long it'll take for them to change concepts

3. EvilTofu

Oldest is 19 and youngest is 13... avg age is like 16...lol

4. Phoenix

bejeezus, they like to start them off young don't they? I thought for sure the 13yr old one would still be in training etc

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

There's SO many girl debuts, hard to keep track and it's hard to stand out. You really need media play like GFRIEND, linking themselves with SNSD.

6. Phoenix

Not just girl groups ~ a lot of rookie boy bands are coming out as well ~ if its not a bubblegum image, they#ll try go for the 'cool, manly' look but doesn't work yet because they still look so young ~ haven't absorbed enough manly aura to showcase it

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

That's why I don't even bother following boy debut groups unless they're from a big company (SM, YG, JYP). Girl group gets an exception though :lol:

8. Phoenix

Lol no exceptions from me , girl/boy groups i'm not too keen probably because they selling too much on their appearances and not so much on the music? I wanna hear the music and the lyrics etc.

i haven't even jumped on the EXO ship lol...everyone gets too dramatic over them ~ korean one direction? LOOL ~ i'm going to get killed now

9. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

On the top of my head, I listened to 2 rookie groups this year.

CLC - From Cube, pretty big company. Song was okay, but it was a flop in the public
    GFRIEND - From a lesser known company, but their choreography is intense + very much in sync. Also got a great singer in Yuju.

So I like GFRIEND more than CLC.

And how are you not on the EXO ship, 8 out of 10 people are on that ship :lol: If you stay out of the drama and just listen to their music, it's not bad. And that's what I do, just listen to their music and watch their performances. I'm not too into what they do outside of music, I don't even watch their own variety shows.

10. Phoenix

LOL because they just dont appeal to me, sign i'm getting old ~ teenage boys just don't do it for me anymore HAHAHHA

11. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

They aren't that young, maybe mid 20's! Still not that young ;)

12. EvilTofu

Because there are some many idol groups coming out, the competition is fierce and we see more quality coming from Korea than other Asian countries. But, the Korean market is so small, there really isn't even cake for all of them to eat...

They have to stand out or they had just wasted years of their time...

13. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

And that's why a lot of them venture out to Japan or China, where money could be made there.

Not a lot of rookie group stand out without using the help of their company name. If you want to do well, just get into SM or YG technically. Harder to get in as a trainee, but the reward is that you have a head start since you carry that SM or YG group title.

14. EvilTofu

All of the popular groups are going over seas but new groups have to make a name for themselves first. It seems like a lot of new companies are popping up with new groups.