Barbie Hsu announces her departure from showbiz

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by jazlynnyee, Jun 14, 2011.

1. jazlynnyee

jazlynnyee Fantabulous!!!

4FAC92B0D5A2703C85C17CB02698.jpg

Taiwanese actress Barbie Hsu is going full steam ahead to set up a family with husband Wang Xiaofei.

At the press conference for her upcoming movie My Kingdom recently, Barbie announced, "This movie will be the last one after my marriage. I intend to use the rest of my time on trying to conceive. I'll not be making any more movies."

The actress also spoke of her husband during interviews and complimented him.

"I like men who are a child at heart, but are manly at the same time. My husband is just like that. He's still tough, even though there are times when he's really childish," Barbie said.

When asked what she thought of Barbie's departure from showbiz, Barbie's mother said, "Filming a movie takes up a lot of time. Barbie wants to rest after her marriage and wouldn't be doing any in the short run. She will focus on commercials in future."

The matriarch added that Barbie "wants to have children while she's still young" and so, "starting a family is more important" to Barbie now.

In other related reports, Xiaofei finally cleared the air regarding his involvement in a text message scandal with Chinese model Angelin Lv.

"That is not true," Xiaofei said, stressing that there was no need for further clarification as he did not wish to become news fodder.

The businessman added that he is currently happily in love.

Furthermore, Xiaofei also updated his microblog yesterday, revealing that he had taken over his mother's F&B group as CEO.

Commenting on her son-in-law's promotion, Barbie's mother said, "Zhang Lan [Wang Xiaofei's mother] is very accomplished, but it's time to hand over to the younger generation. They have their own ideas and creativity."

Source: Xinmsn

2. jtommy87

jtommy87 Well-Known Member

It's a good idea to leave show biz to have a family, since show biz can ruin alot of marriages. I will miss her in shows!