Bear attacks tourists at Japanese bus station

Discussion in 'Japanese Chat' started by Dav, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A 1.3-metre bear has been shot dead after attacking nine people including tourists at a bus terminal in a mountainous area of Takayama in central Japan.

Four men, including a 66-year-old, received serious injuries in the attack, including bite wounds to the face, police said, but none are considered life threatening.

The other five were only slightly injured.

Some of the more than 100 people at the scene of the attack escaped danger by taking refuge inside buses.

Employees at the terminal building eventually blocked the bear in a souvenir shop inside the terminal, where hunters later shot it dead.

An employee who tried to prevent the bear from storming into the building said, ''I tried to close the entrance to the terminal building, but it was too late".

Source

a bite to the face. ouch...

2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

That's a bold bear, they usually don't do that with so many people around, that bear must had been fed by people before and got used to associating people with food.

3. wow bears at the bus stop

4. kawaiigirl

kawaiigirl Well-Known Member

WOW ! Wonder what makes that bear so violent

5. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

^a female bear -lol

a bear ran away, ran passed my school once, that was fun to watch

6. [mJ9]

[mJ9] Well-Known Member

I wonder from where did this bear escapes

7. ebolt

ebolt Member

Bears, like many other animals, are territorial. When startled or trying to protect their young, they'll kill. I've seen bears on trails. Just glad I didn't see a cub.