Beef Jerky

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by negiqboyz, Apr 4, 2009.

1. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

i love Singapore and Vietnamese beef jerky .. can't get enough of it but they're so pricy nowadays .. who know any easy recipe that i can make it at home ... lol

2. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

dunno the diff. with singapore/viet beef jerky....

but in my fam...we normally just eat the ones from hk....and mostly pork not a fan of beef...

'chu yuk gorn'...^^..

3. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

yeah Pork one is yum!!! *chu yuk gorn* :D

4. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

i always eat the one from HK or is there a special one in Taiwan or something? io dont quite remember but it was NICE!
    i havent even had a beef jerky in ages!! ... Mmmmm.. the grease! :p

5. brown_bear

<3 this brand....!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

yarr yarr Aji Ichiban is so yum! :D love to pick and mix ~

7. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

i like to eat 牛肉光
    [​IMG]

8. d15z1sux

d15z1sux Well-Known Member

another alternative name is ba gwa or something...

9. negiqboyz

Damn it .. I need recipe .. not more advertisements to make me crave for it even more .. lol

I have never heard of these brands nor tried any of them; thus, can't comment. Ya'll should mail me some ... lol

10. brown_bear

^ then whut brands do you normally eat...?...whut does it looky like..??...-unsure

11. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

aji ichiban aint the best for beef jerky... you can get tastier on like "si dor" or those "hor mai" shops.... xD

12. negiqboyz

I don't eat from any particular brand. I actually buy it from the store front where they sell the fresh type by pound. I usually get about 2 pounds which costs about $40 USD and finished in half a day .. lol

I like the Vietnamese curry flavor beef jerky and Singapore sweet flavor beef jerky. Those brands you and the others mentioned above, I have heard anyone of them.

13. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

i see this and immediately think slim jim.

14. person

person Well-Known Member

Ah my dad got a beef jerky recipe from my aunt. They were sooo good. We don't buy much beef jerky, but we do buy pork jerky. Mostly this brand.
    [​IMG]

15. negiqboyz

^ ..yeah .. i tried that before; not bad ... very pricy too but not as much comparing to the ones I eat now .. at least it's freshly made .. i am trying to find something local but can't thus far .. i found one in vancover canada ... very nice beef/pork jerky .. yummy .. but one time, i bought 10 lbs back to the us and was found by the custom .. they were thrown in the garbage in front of me .. sigh .. so waste .. i paid like about $200 for them .. pissed me off .. i am sure those damn guard will pick it up and eat it later .. very nicely packaged .. anyway, i still get it .. just a matter of luck ..lol .. it's just like when i hit toronto in july when lychee are plentiful .. i would drive over from chicago and buy lots of it and hide under my van to cross the border ..lol .. they're yummy ... caught 5x but it's okay .. lol

16. huniiiiii

huniiiiii Well-Known Member

I really prefer asian ones to american ones, love the pork jerky. The americans are quite chewy.