Beer+ Milk= Bilk!!

Discussion in 'Random / Offtopic' started by Knoctur_nal, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

TOKYO (Reuters) - Great news for beer and milk lovers: A liquor shop owner in Japan’s largest dairy farming region has stopped crying about local spilt milk and started making beer from it instead.

“We came up with the idea after hearing about surplus milk,” said Chitoshi Nakahara, head of the Nakahara liquor shop on the northernmost island of Hokkaido.

Milk consumption has been declining steadily in Japan, and Hokkaido disposed of nearly 900 tonnes of milk last March due to over-production, according to the Japan Dairy Association.

Nakahara’s new brew, “Bilk” - a combination of “milk” and “beer” - is about 30 percent milk. It also contains hops, and the production process does not differ much from that of regular beer, he said.

His shop started selling Bilk, which apart from a slight milky scent looks and tastes like ordinary beer, on February 1 after spending about six months developing the product with a local brewer.

Bilk is only available at six local shops or by mail order, but Nakahara is currently out of stock due to heavy media attention.

Don’t worry if you can’t get hold of any, though: Nakahara also sells beer brewed from another major Hokkaido product - potatoes.

http://peety-passion.com/peetypassion/2007/02/13/milk-beer-called-bilk/

Knoc

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

wow sruplus of milk...so this means that supply is high and therefore the demand for this bilk will go up...so then there will b an increase in supply brining the price to decreasing...llol i don't know wat im saying
    i need to try this

3. Knoctur_nal

to much economics class or wat....

4. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

god this is worse than the time i saw someone mix vodka and water...

5. Knoctur_nal

hey man..down in the south thas what they be mixin with a bottle a vodka..

6. mixing vodka and water?

i know of some dude who replaces water in a bottle with vodka, and drinks it like water, in school lol

7. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

hhmmm ... wonder if it'll taste like kahlua milk!

8. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

I hope what you wrote is not koala milk cause that will be-shock

9. yea but it ain't really helping... -lol

ahhaha why at first I thought it was Beef + Milk... o_O;

10. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

man you guys got it bad there... ill send u guys a tanker of coke to help out

11. Knoctur_nal

coke..now thas what i'm talking about....