Beyond the Realm Vs. Born Riches

Discussion in 'Beyond The Realm Of Conscience - 宮心計' started by dkliu, Oct 21, 2009.

1. dkliu

dkliu Member

I know these 2 series are quire different. Are people watching this series also watching Born riches?

2. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

Born Riches is old isn't it? I clicked on one of the megavideo links and saw Ray Lui Leung Wai in it ... I figured it's got to be ancient.

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

lol, no it's not...There are a few older actors that came back to TVB to do this series. It's a new series being aired.

Both series should be good but I'll have to say BTROC is much better so far, the acting and the intensity is their from the get go. -rockon

4. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

^ i agree .. the BTR is actually better than BR .. BR reminds me too much of the threshold an era and golden faith .. the two dramas that gallen has acted in ... now whether BTR is any good, that has to wait longer .. lol

5. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

wow ab289...tho the actors might be from ages ago, but u an tell by the poster design the quality of the episodes that this is a new series. :)

story: BTROC ftw (so far), BR..bathroom lolzz jk it reminds me of drive of life, which is quite borin imo

6. haru

haru Well-Known Member

lol i actually quite like Born Rich more atm, i find BTRC the pace quite slow atm..but they're both good nevertheless

7. haolk

haolk Member

I think i will enjoy both BTROC and BR! A bit worried that BR will be a bit draggy:
    it's 41 eps but BTROC only 33.. Hope Ray Lui and Gallen Lo will not be disappointing...

8. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

sorry all ... i had no idea. I saw Ray Lui and he still look so young. I thought it's an old series. So I stopped watching. hehe ...

9. blu_karrot

blu_karrot Member

Totally watching just realm of conscience. BR is full of old veterans. I'm not denying that they can act... but... Realm seems to have a lot more youth and.... the evilness in the ancient world is a lot more attractive to me.

10. hiyoo

hiyoo Well-Known Member

edit: zzz

#10 hiyoo, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  11. whitenight

whitenight Well-Known Member

Yeah, watching both because I couldn't stand the series that aired before these two so I'm a little bit starved for a good series. I like BTR more but I still think BR is a good series.

12. gswl85

gswl85 Active Member

I prefer BR for now...simple story and easy to follow, BTR is a little more complex and draggy at times but i still watch them both =D

13. idreamofyooh

idreamofyooh Member

im watching both and like bothh

14. ck198888

ck198888 Well-Known Member

I think BR is a bunch of returning actors and the story line is similar to Threshold of an Era. This will captures more mature audiences. Where as BTR 's story may be like War and Beauty...lot of conflicts between women for power. This will captures younger audiences.

15. Valkrezy

Valkrezy Well-Known Member

I like BR more... and I am 21... am I young or mature? What is good about a series that all they do is plot evil, and argue? I think most of the See Lai likes that, and the complainers who wants more arguments. I don't really like War and Beauty(the acting was good but some of them really sucks, they just seem so fake and doesn't have a good expression), and Dance of Passion too. BR got more superior actors/actress, based on modern time. It doesn't remind me of Drive of Life, that series was boring and got lots of ppl that doesn't know how to act, such as Toby. BR reminds me of Door of Revolving Vengence, and Threshold of an Era. All the people in Born Rich really knows how to act, which is a top tier quality, and the assigned role seems very fitting. Anita Yuen is giving me that 007 feeling with Stephen Chow, and Ray Lui is giving me that "Shanghai Beach" Ding Lik feeling. Gallen Lo is like playing a mix of Cold Heart Warm Blood, Ms Diana, with Golden Faith. He was the TVB King!!! how can you deny the TVB Michael Jordan? BTR is good, but I just think the characters have flaw in acting skills... especially Kevin.

16. qazqazqaz8

qazqazqaz8 Active Member

Born Rich is way better than this. This series boring, probably only girls would like this. I can't picture any manly guys would want to watch this series. Maybe only the momma boys.

17. 低B仔

低B仔 Well-Known Member

plot so far BTROC is better but quite predictable and its revolving around too many female casts. While BR's plot needs to develop more and some scenes seem too fake.

18. ynot138

ynot138 Well-Known Member

I tried both series. I like BR more than BTROC.

19. gamer123

gamer123 Well-Known Member

how come theres a beyond section but not BR?

20. csccws

csccws Member

gallen is back