Big Bang Wins “Best Worldwide Act” At MTV's 2011 Europe Music Awards

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by b-lee, Nov 6, 2011.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Big-Bang-ema-awards-2011.jpg

Big Bang wins “Best Worldwide Act” at MTV’s 2011 Europe Music Awards

The 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards aired today live from Belfast’s Odyssey Arena. Aside from mega-superstars Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, LMFAO, and Coldplay, five member band, Big Bang, attended as they were nominated in the Worldwide Act category.

Big Bang stunned audiences by winning the award just moments ago. The Worldwide Act category celebrates diversity and the breadth of all the music that MTV has to offer by nominating incredible artists from all corners of the world.

There were two rounds of voting. First, each region had an opportunity to vote among MTVs choices for the seven artists that best represent the region. In the Asia Pacific category, in addition to Big Bang, Exile (Japan), Jay Chou (Republic of China/Taiwan), Gotye (Australia), Sia (Australia), Jane Zhang (China), and Agnes Monica (Indonesia) were nominated.

After weeks of voting Big Bang won for the Asia Pacific region and advanced to the finals along with Abdelfattah Grini (Africa/India/Middle East), Lena (Europe), Restart (Latin America), and Britney Spears (North America).

Due an impressive amount of voting by VIPs and fans all over the world, Big Bang won the coveted award. They will have the honor of being the first ‘Worldwide Act’ award recipients.

Congratulations Big Bang! Check out a clip of their win below:

[video=youtube;IKnlIQpBAos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKnlIQpBAos[/video]

Creds: allkpop/MTV EMA

2. person

person Well-Known Member

All the big name acts 'Who the hell are they?'

Well no duh Big Bang would win. With a title as 'big' as this, their little minions would do whatever they can to make sure BB won. That means voting non-stop everyday.

The only other act that had a chance of winning was Jay Chou. But he's 'married' now, so he likely lost a number of fans.

Big Bang won, cause the fans voted. Besides, these sort of awards ceremonies don't mean shit. It's more of a popularity contest and not necessarily based on who SHOULD win.

3. Jay Chou and Big Bang? in no way imo are they even in the same class. This is 2011 and i'd Pick Big Bang over either of them any day dancey1

4. person

person Well-Known Member

^ Well of course they're not in the same class. Not even genre. But the awards ceremony put them together in the same category anyway.

At the same time, your opinion is biased, because you're a huge fan of Kpop and BB. I on the other hand have never liked BB so obviously, I'm going to be biased on their win. It's subjective, but it's the same for everyone.

5. Reason i stopped listening to Jay Chou was because his music started to suck ;) he used to be my most fav artist :rolleyes2:

I won't hate if the music's great! but on another level yes! IMO Kpop is so much better then Cpop on talent and production :p in music.

6. person

person Well-Known Member

Haha well I never liked Jay to begin with. The only song I liked from him was from his Secret album. The theme song to the Golden flower?

But without a doubt, Cpop sucks. I only listen to the oldies, cause it's what I grew up on. And can actually STAND to listen to.

But at the same time, there are PLENTY of terribly produced Kpop groups and songs. Every country does.

7. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

my babies won

[​IMG]

I can't believe this shit!

8. people are like whoooooooo?

9. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

I dont get it, wouldnt someone popular like gaga win?

10. person

person Well-Known Member

This was an International Award. Basically any artist who isn't an American gets nominated.

11. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

But Britney?

12. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

For this award they had votes on nominees to represent their region. Then the winners of each region go against each other for the award. Britney represented North America, Big Bang represented Asia/Pacific

13. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

so happy for them...!!!....more recognition..! =)

14. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Big BANG !! :)

15. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

...and the asian pacific destroyed all.....

16. laylay2006

laylay2006 Member

Wooh! Big Bang! :D I'm so happy for themm!!