Big Bang’s Daesung involved in Car Accident, Motorcyclist dead

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by kdotc, May 30, 2011.

1. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As Daesung’s car accident continues to be investigated, the taxi driver that was rear-ended by the Big Bang star revealed that Daesung had in fact been driving at 60km/h. A police statement previously asserted that Daesung was driving at 80km/h, but YG Entertainment has spoken out and argued that there are many different factors to this incident, and that it should be regarded as a complex case.

On May 31st, a YG Entertainment representative stated,

“The taxi driver who was rear-ended by Daesung has said that Daesung had not been driving that fast; he said that he felt he had driven at about 60 km/h. Although Daesung was the one who told the authorities that he was driving at 80 km/h, this was said while he was in a state of great shock and confusion.”

The site of the accident is on a downhill slope – isn’t it normal for most drivers to not have their foot on the accelerator while driving downhill? Therefore, in order to find at what speed Daesung was driving at, there must be an on-site investigation.“

Previously, the Seoul Youngdeung-Po Police Department stated,

“Daesung violated the rules for safe driving by not being able to see in front of him while driving at 80 km/h. If Daesung had in fact been driving at 80 km/h (where the speed limit was 60 km/h), it would be considered to be a speed limit violation. However, because that figure was part of Daesung’s testimony, in order to find out exactly how fast he was going, more investigation needs to be done.“

Meanwhile, the police are examining the accident in great detail, combing through certain facts like how the motorcyclist was already bleeding before Daesung’s accident, leading to a theory of a possible prior hit-and-run. According to the police, Daesung seemed to have not seen the motorcyclist because he was scrambling to brake when he saw the stopped taxi in front of him.

It’s been revealed that Daesung hadn’t been driving under the influence and that the taxi driver did not sustain any major injuries. After the accident, Daesung and the taxi driver underwent five hours of investigation by the authorities before returning home.

At the police station, Daesung said, “There was one car behind the taxi in the first lane. When both cars suddenly moved to the second lane, I couldn’t avoid hitting the taxi that had returned to the first lane to stop.”

The police revealed, “We plan to find the cause of the motorcyclist’s death. In order to determine if the motorcyclist had died due to Daesung’s car, we had requested a detailed analysis from the National Institute of Scientific Investigation and have obtained the CCTV footage from the area. We plan to investigate this scientifically.

When the motorcycle was found, it found standing more than 10m away from the motorcyclist. Whether this was due to a hit-and-run or another previous accident will be investigated with the Highway Department.”

It appears that results of the motorcycle analysis will take up to 7-10 days.

Daesung has received much shock due to this accident. A YG representative revealed, ”After finishing the police investigation at 7AM, Daesung has returned to his dorm with his manager.”

YG Entertainment CEO Yang Hyun Suk said, “We will continue to follow the results that the police investigations reveal regarding the accident. Currently, Daesung’s distress is not due to his mistake, but due to his sorrow for the motorcyclist who died due to an accident.”
    credits: Allkpop

[OFFICIAL FROM YG]:

Daesung’s agency, YG Entertainment,
    revealed that Daesung was driving on the first lane while the taxi was
    driving in front of him. The taxi drvier then changed to the second lane
    suddenly and back to the first lane and suddenly stopped causing the
    collision.

As soon as Daesung got out of the car he
    walked towards the taxi driver and asked, “Are you okay?”. The taxi
    driver replied, “Right now I’m not the problem, there is a motorcycle
    driver already collapsed on the floor bleeding so I switched to the
    second lane to avoid hitting him but then I moved back to call for
    emergency.” said the the taxi driver.

Daesung and the taxi driver are currently being investigated.

[youtube]5V2AJeknpUo[/youtube]

update June 1 - Victim Hyun’s family speaks out on Daesung’s accident

Following the unfortunate news of Big Bang Daesung’s accident and motorcyclist Hyun’s (30) death, family members of Hyun gathered today for his funeral.

On the afternoon of June 1st, Hyun’s family gathered at a funeral home in Seoul in remembrance of their beloved family member. The scene was reported to have been sorrowful as siblings, friends and relatives mourned over their loss.

Meanwhile, Hyun’s accident was first revealed through a relative of his, who will be referenced throughout the rest of this article as Person A. Person A agreed to an interview with ‘Dispatch‘ in which he stated, “After I initially got word of the accident, I was extremely shocked… Ever since he [Hyun] was little, I regarded him as my own child. To hear that he left this world at such a young age… my heart broke.”

Hyun’s older brother was also seen at the funeral. He was described as being speechless. His family stated, “He grew up with his younger brother. We brought him here to the funeral home this morning. Hyun was his only sibling so this is a major loss for him.”

It has also been revealed that Hyun’s parents have yet to be informed of their son’s death. The family stated, “His parents’ health is not stable right now. Their health is unstable to the point that everyday tasks are difficult… We think that they will go into shock if they hear about their son’s death, so we have not informed them yet.”

In regards to Daesung’s involvement in the accident, the family stated, “We have seen Daesung on TV a lot and are big fans… While the loss of a family member is hard on us, it breaks our heart to know that a young friend [Daesung] is going through such a hardship right now. We’re not sure what kind of destiny this is.” And while Hyun’s family have not come in contact with Daesung’s side, they added, “We have not come in contact with his people. Neither have they come in contact with us… We have only heard stories from police investigations and insurance companies. Because it is a hard situation for both of us, there has been no business sentiment.”

Hyun’s family also spoke out against current speculations and rumors pertaining to the accident. They said, “The autopsy results have not accurately come out yet. Also, because the CCTV has not been thoroughly evaluated yet, speculations and rumors make the situation harder… We understand that there are various stories being spread regarding the accident; however, we wish that until the results are accurately posted, that everyone will watch the situation quietly.”

As a final response, the family stated, “This whole situation is the only thing on our minds right now. We hope that when the results of the investigation are released, no one becomes victimized, including Daesung. We hope to wrap up this incident with no chagrin; that is our family’s last thoughts.”

credits: Allkpop

update June 2 - Yang Hyun Suk updates ‘YG-Life’ with details on Daesung’s accident

On June 2nd, YG Entertainment’s Yang Hyun Suk updated the YG-Life blog with his thoughts on Daesung’s car accident. He also discussed 2NE1’s upcoming release and “YG ON AIR“.

His message reads:

“2NE1’s new song release, as well as this week’s ‘YG ON AIR’ broadcast has been postponed for a week. We would like to apologize for not being able to alert our fans of this earlier, as it was a decision made under emergency circumstances. We ask our fans for their understanding.

With regards to news of Daesung’s car accident, we would to first and foremost like to send our deepest condolences to the deceased and his family members. We pray that he rests in peace.

I know that Daesung is the type to always blame himself for everything that goes wrong, so I was very worried about Daesung’s condition after the accident. Just as I expected, he was holed up in his room, refusing to even talk to his family members.

No matter what I say, I know that it cannot console him, but I visited his dorm in the early morning and told him, ‘Daesung, if I was in your position, it would have been hard for me to avoid it as well.’

I did not say that simply to console him, but because it is truly how I feel. At the time of the accident, the managers received emergency notification and arrived at the scene within 20 minutes. They were able to observe the scene of the accident.

To briefly describe what happened, at 1:30 AM KST on May 31st, it was raining and a victim of another accident was lying on the road. A car ahead of Daesung discovered the victim and quickly swerved off the lane, but Daesung was unable to avoid hitting the taxi that was stopped at the front, resulting in a collision.

Because it was so sudden, Daesung did not know even after the collision that there was a motorcyclist on the scene. Though the taxi driver estimated Daesung’s speed to be at 60km/h, Daesung testified that he was driving at 80. The truth will be discovered through CCTV evaluations and police investigations; yet because the taxi driver has long-time driving experience, and because people don’t accelerate on downhill lanes, in addition to the fact that there was a turn at the end, I feel that the taxi driver’s estimation is closer to the truth.

I know that the pain Daesung is going through is incomparable to the agony that the victim and his family are undergoing, but what I am most worried about is that this will bring about serious psychological trauma that will last months, years, or maybe an entire life-time. What I am most upset about is that Daesung had also been in an accident prior to this in 2009, where he had almost lost his life. That shock still has not worn off, and he has suffered yet another shocking accident.

Maybe well into the future… but this might be the most difficult time for Daesung.

I honestly hope that accurate investigations will be carried out so that the weight Daesung is carrying can be lifted free.

Thank you to all of you who are worrying over Daesung. I would like to once again send my deepest condolences to the victim and his family.”

update June 3 - Daesung visits the funeral site of accident victim Hyun

On the night of June 2nd, Daesung paid a visit to the funeral site of accident victim, Hyun. He apologized to the victim’s family after paying his respects to their loved one.

The victim’s family stated, “Daesung arrived with representatives from his agency. We received apologies from Daesung and from YG Entertainment, and talked about the procedures that will be taken from now on.”

Daesung visited the funeral site around 10:30PM KST. He came with five individuals, including the chairman of YG Entertainment and his attorney. It’s said that he kept his head down and said “I’m sorry“, and apologized again when a family member confronted him.

Family member ‘A’, who was in charge of the funeral procession, stated, “Daesung looked very shocked. A representative from his agency apologized, and Daesung was unable to speak. When the relatives told him to apologize directly to Hyun’s family, he bowed his head to every person in the room and sincerely apologized to each and every family member.”

The apology took place four days after the accident, and two days after the funeral site was set up. This was the first time that the victim’s family met with Daesung and his people from the agency. As such, some of Hyun’s family felt disappointed by the lateness of the call.

‘A’ commented, “We did feel disappointed. A person has died. And he is the person at the center of this accident. We thought the apology came first. But according to the agency, [Daesung] ‘drove at 60km’, ‘Even I couldn’t have avoided the accident’; they explained the accident like that and sheltered him. Our child is dead and gone, and we were disappointed as human beings.”

YG Entertainment explained that the visit took place late at night so that Daesung could pay his respects in person as well. The high level of interest in this case would have made it difficult for Daesung to arrive earlier in the day. They also explained that after the accident happened, Daesung’s condition was so bad that he could not come right away. He couldn’t even eat, and did not see his parents.

Another family member by the name of ‘B’ stated, “The agency explained that it took [a lot of] time so that they could bring Daesung. We were angry at first but after seeing Daesung in person, he looked truly pitiful himself. He looked like he was having a hard time. Wouldn’t he be shocked to have experienced this horrible accident at such an early age?“.

YG Entertainment apparently discussed the funeral proceedings with the victim’s family, and it was agreed that the agency would absorb the costs associated with the funeral. After police investigations are complete, further arrangments will be made with the family.

The victim’s family stated, “We heard about the CCTV and autopsy [proceedings]. We think revealing the truth is the most important thing right now. Daesung’s side apologized sincerely, and told us that they would consult with us cordially about future procedures, so we’ll trust them for now. We will proceed with the burial of the coffin as scheduled.”

The police are currently analyzing CCTV collected around the accident site. The victim’s family were given initial reports of autopsy results and analysis from the CCTV footage. But because nothing has been finalized or confirmed, however, the family has decided to remain mum. At this point in time, they seek nothing but the truth.

Hyun’s family stated, “The dead don’t speak. But don’t they have a right not to feel injustice even when they’re dead? We hope that questions about our child’s death will be answered by the close examinations done by the police. Unfair things should never happen to anyone. The police is the only thing we can trust right now.”

Update June 14 - Autopsy results to be released later this week

The Youngdeungpo Police have revealed that the autopsy results for the deceased motorcyclist, Hyun (30), will be released within this week.

Speaking through Star News, the police stated, “The autopsy results will be released after June 15th. We’re currently expecting the results to be released within the week, and are planning to hold a briefing session with Daesung as soon as the results are out.”

They continued, “We did not call Daesung back for additional investigations. The police are still investigating the situation, and as soon as the autopsy results are released, we will be making a judgement that takes the scene reports and CCTV analysis into account.”

Update June 19 - MBC's speculation on the accident

On June 19th, MBC’s “News Desk” reported that motorcyclist Hyun could have been alive at the time of Daesung’s accident.

According to the report, autopsy results revealed that Hyun fell while driving his motorcycle under the influence of alcohol. There were no signs of being hit prior to Daesung’s accident.

This new piece of information is bringing up speculation that Hyun was alive prior to the collision with Daesung’s car. However, there is still a possibility that Hyun died from losing blood for a long period of time after falling from his motorcyle. Therefore, there is no clear evidence at the moment that would determine whether or not Hyun died due to Daesung’s accident at this time.

Stay tuned to allkpop as we continue to report on this matter.

[UPDATE]

The National Forensic Service is reporting that they had neither contacted nor spoke with MBC regarding the Daesung incident, and that whatever news that had come out of MBC’s “News Desk” is likely to be pure speculation.

“We have not released any statements regarding Daesung’s accident,” said a spokesman for the NFS. “The investigation is still proceeding, so there is nothing we can say right now.”

The NFS also stated that after an internal review, no one was found to have spoken with MBC regarding the incident. “We don’t know who said such a thing, but there’s a high possibility that the broadcast was different from the truth.”

The autopsy results are scheduled to be handed over to police on the 21st.

update June 20 - CCTV footage from Daesung’s accident doesn’t show when motorcyclist was hit
    Police have revealed that the CCTV footage from Daesung’s accident had a limited range of visibility, causing the investigation to go through further difficulties.

On June 20th, a Seoul-Yeongdeungpo Police representative revealed,

“Footage regarding whatever accident Hyun experienced prior to Daesung’s collision was not caught on the CCTV. Since there is only footage of Hyun collapsed on the road, the investigation is facing difficulties.“

The location which Hyun was expected to have had a prior accident is in the vicinity of a cement bridge. Unfortunately, the CCTV cameras at the opposite ends of the bridge had limited visual fields, and so the police are in a situation where details regarding Hyun’s prior accident cannot be determined with certainty.

The representative continued,

“We have yet to receive the autopsy reports from the National Institute of Scientific Investigation. As soon as the results are acquired, we will present the comprehensive results. We expect the results to come out within the week… The relevance of the reports that previously came out is not important. Rather, we fear that the information released prior to this comprehensive report will cause confusion and fear…

It is not important whether or not there was a hit-and-run; rather, we must determine whether or not Hyun had already died before Daesung’s accident.“

When the original autopsy had been done, they expected the investigation to last for about two weeks. However, as the National Institute of Scientific Investigation determined that a more thorough investigation was needed, the expected deadline has been pushed back.

The topic of greatest concern for this autopsy is Hyun’s time of death, as it will help determine if Hyun had died before Daesung’s collision.

Update June 24 -Police confirm that motorcyclist Hyun died from his collision with Daesung

On June 24th, the Seoul, Youngdeungpo police revealed, “Hyun, the deceased motorcyclist involved in Daesung’s car accident, died from Daesung’s collision. As a result, the police will be making a dispatch to charge him without detention.”

On this day, the Youngdeungpo police held a press conference revealing their investigations and confirmed that there was only a 132-second window between the first accident and the collision with Daesung’s car. They revealed, “There was only about two minutes between his motorcycle accident and Daesung’s accident, so we have determined that Hyun did not die in that time frame. There were not a lot of cars on the road and the speed limit was 60 km/h, but we discovered through the taxi’s video that he was speeding at 70 to 80 km/h.”

When asked to confirm whether there was a previous hit-and-run accident, police stated, “It has nothing to do with the case. There weren’t a lot of cars on the road at the time, and his alcohol level was 0.186. It has nothing to do with a hit-and-run.”

With confirmation that Hyun was killed by Daesung’s car, what Daesung will be charged for is currently unknown. The law states that he could be jailed for under five years, or pay a penalty of $20,000 USD.

#1 kdotc, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

Omg when i read the title i thought he was in a van but this time he was driving!! this shit just got serious to his career and Big Bang's. DAMNNNNNN

3. Crashed to a Taxi which knocked out a motorcyclist..... Woww sprinted through a red light? =O

4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

A person is dead so he's going to be in a lot of trouble even though the incident happened as it was stated above.

Why so many accidents/hit and runs in Korea with celebs...

5. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Daesung was probably in a rush to do something fishy :trollface:

Hmm for on the level, it would cause damage to his reputation in the music industry. Lucky it wasn't Taeyang though or even G-dragon...

6. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

lets not come to a conclusion on anything yet. hopefully everything will clear out in 12 hours and we will know the real story and what will be done.

7. Source:Allkpop

8. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

it was a moped not a motorcycle?

9. kevin

kevin RAWR!

still a vehicle with 2 wheels. Either way it's still a vehicle that is prone to death compared to a car.

10. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Shoulda had animations re-enactment like AppleNews on youtube.. make it more visual to understand :)

11. kevin

kevin RAWR!

lol like the one with cecelia and edison

12. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

I don't think it's fair to say it's "lucky" it wasn't Taeyang or GD. No matter which Big Bang member it is equally sad and unfortunate (though the only difference is if it was GD they'd hate on him a lot more). It's very much a matter of wrong place and time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hurts my heart to see this happen to such a nice guy :(

Heres something that will help you guys understand what happened more.
    [​IMG]

13. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I agree but the main people that is more popular in BigBang is really Taeyang and G-Dragon, therefore it shouldn't affect their careers that much, even so I should have no said 'lucky' as it's unfortunate.

Daesung should get fined anyhow bcos he went past the speed limit.

14. shadowchi

shadowchi ~~♫ ♫ ♪ Himitsu ♪ ♫ ♫ ~~

Well guess, we will know a bit more after 8-10 when they are done with the investigation. Although, I like Bigbang and Daesung in general. If he is guilty, he should be prosecuted as any normal person.

Though not for murder, only for speeding.

15. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

hahaha you have no idea what you are saying. Taeyang is only popular for singing and G-dragon for fashion and his music(writing/producing).. Dae Sung is a very popular character all around. he's on variety shows and has A LOT of fans. How can you forget about TOP? he's a popular actor and has a large fan base. Don't always assume

it doesn't matter who was driving..if it was a celebrity or a normal person...you think daesung is worried about his career at this time? he's not. A situation like this will impact a normal person mentally.

16. Update:

Source:Allkpop

Guess we have to wait till analysis of the motocycle is complete >_<

17. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ lol don't u read my 1st post

18. kevin

kevin RAWR!

^
    You keep editing the post lol, you should bold it and put it in red (title).

19. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Daesung is the best when it comes to variety shows and that's why he's one of my favorite members.

It sounds like he was tailgating to some extent too, hard to believe that brakes didn't work, they will have to check that out. I think he got scared and stepped on the acc instead of the brakes but that's my option. They just need to just investigate this incident as any other case and not show any bias and do so asap.

20. ^but Kt's pics dont show anything about Daesung tailgating.