Blood Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by [N], Jun 12, 2007.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Do you guys like eating or drinking animal blood? Anyways cooked pork blood with rice soup a.k.a. chiu hon chuk is good, i heard in korea or something they like drinking snake blood.

2. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

I love blood.. we survive on that! -devil -evil

3. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Check your sources again, most of those "pig blood pudding" (chu hon) is no longer made from solidifying pig blood but chicken blood due to hygienic reasons... And the process in making those blood pudding is not very appetizing, I can assure you.

I am not huge on animal blood, more of a human blood person, I like it when I know where my drinks are coming from -devil

4. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

i like bone marrow, does that count?

5. hiake

I used to like bone marrow too.. until Mad Cow kicks in...

The bone marrow supposingly carries a lot of bacteria/virus @_@bbb So no more eating them -mellow

6. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

well chicken blood is still animal blood.........................lol making nuc mam (fish sauce) is not very appetizing either from what i heard but i like it with my viet food lol.

7. hiake

I guess most food is not very appetizing when they are going through the preparation... especially smoken, cured, and dried things (and sauces). Personally I check if my fish sauce is clear before I use it... Don't want to take one wrong bite... -sweat

Well, for sure, I was distracted by the errant PORK BLOOD that I didn't realize you were asking animal blood in general -mellow Since PORK doesn't have blood... -rolleyes

But yeah, snake blood (tried it, it tastes like blood but very heady and strong, plus lots of herbs to go with it)

8. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

^Can't believe you tasted snake blood lol.
    Well, I generally don't like animal blood..
    I used to like eating cockles half cooked then nowadays, I can't stand the blood taste anymore... so ;)

9. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol since you know almost everything, do you know if they actually rot fishes or something like that to make fishsauce, basically how do they really make it lol

10. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Never tried drinking blood before, but I do agree with you that congee with congealed pigs blood is nice. I think the teochews have one dish where they make a cold dish out of it too...but I hardly get to taste it anymore. Only when I'm in HK...

11. hiake

In fact, I don't. I just google them up :p JKS.

But I thought those fish sauce is made from those tiny dried fish... Not sure if they got a name besides "tiny dried fish", then kind of ferment them with water and salt (and a number of things, those shall not be named...)

12. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lols what shouldn't be named? Is it.......................muhahahahaha-devil-devil-devil, -deadno seriously what is it?-sweat-blush

13. hiake

Spices I don't know the name of... -sweat

14. kakenx

kakenx Well-Known Member

Yea! chicken/pork blood is all good lol! Ive heard it;sactually healthy cuz it cleans your lungs!

15. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

No eating and drinking animal blood for me! -sick2

Human blood once a while is ok though.

16. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

LMAO i thought you gonna bring something out that would bring something out that is -devil-devil-devil cause of the "....." lol but ok, better to not know the nastiest ingredients in fishsauce so i can continue eating it lol.

17. the only blood i eat is the one dripping down from steak juice.

18. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

not a fan of blood in meals.

19. ^ come on knoc.... what about them juicy perfectly cooked steaks?

oh wait.. robots cant enjoy juicy steaks.. they need oil hahaha XD

20. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

well done 16-32oz son.