Bosco Wong, Tavia Yeung, and Vincent Wong Talk About Their Fathers

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Jun 13, 2013.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

bosco-tavia-vincent.jpg

With Father’s Day quickly approaching on June 16, TVB siu sangs and fadans recalled moments with their beloved fathers. Bosco Wong (黃宗澤), Tavia Yeung (楊怡), and Vincent Wong (王浩信) shared their family memories and drew cards, expressing what they wanted to say to their fathers the most.

Bosco Wong: “I Lied to My Father!”

Bosco Wong’s parents divorced when he was still a young child, and he grew up living with his mother. However, Bosco revealed that the situation did not affect his relationship with his father. Although the two did not get to see each other frequently, they cherished every second they shared together.

“I remember once in primary school, I forgot to finish my homework and had to stay for detention. At the time, my father would pick me up at the bus stop every day. I knew I was going to be late that day and I didn’t want my father to find out, so I got off the bus one stop earlier and walked home. He waited for me for more than an hour. After he returned, I played dumb and asked why I didn’t see him when I got off the bus. My father didn’t say much afterwards. Even till today, I feel like I owe him an apology.”

Currently extremely busy with work, Bosco hopes to have his biggest wish come true – to go for a vacation with his parents. It has been his wish since childhood and there still has not been an opportunity for it to happen. For a Father’s Day card, he drew a picture of a suitcase along with the words “Happy Father’s Day” in hopes that one day, he will be able to drop his work and take a long break with his parents.

Tavia Yeung’s Favorite Fish-in-Pepper Dish

When Tavia Yeung was only two years old, her biological father passed away. Her mother remarried five years later, and Tavia revealed that she always possessed a good relationship with her stepfather. Unfortunately, her stepfather passed away from illness in 2005, and there has always been a small sense of regret for Tavia.

“My father is a very traditional person. I know he loves us very much, but he doesn’t reveal it. We could tell from what he does for us in our everyday life. For instance, he was in charge of cooking. One day, he knew I loved to eat his ‘fish-in-pepper; dish and especially went to Mong Kok to purchase fresh dace. He then got rid of all the bones and cooked it for me, so I can have it all fresh. My regret is that when he passed away, I still didn’t possess a sound financial base and couldn’t let him sit back to enjoy.”

When reporters asked Tavia what she would like to say to her father in heaven, Tavia could not hold back tears. Through sobs, she said, “I moved into a new house….I hope he can live with us!” For a Father’s Day card, Tavia drew a humorous picture of her father in glasses and wrote, “I love you”, along with “Happy Father’s Day.”

Vincent Wong Learns Father’s Tips

This Father’s Day is very special for Vincent Wong because it will be the first time he enjoys the holiday as a father himself. Vincent and Yoyo Chen’s (陳自瑤) daughter was born in April 2012. Vincent revealed that his father has always been a strict person, but the two are able to chat like old friends.

“My father and I drank and had a talk the night before I decided to marry. We mostly discussed how to be a good father. At that time, I realized how heartwarming it can be. Now that I’m a father myself, I can truly experience what it’s like to have my parents worrying over me all the time.”

Vincent’s Father’s Day wish is that his father can continue to enjoy life and commit himself to some hobbies. As for his daughter, Vincent hopes she will be obedient and grow up in a healthy and happy manner.

Creds: 3 Weekly