browser crash

Discussion in 'Site Info, Rules, Feedback, and Announcements' started by DanK, Jun 10, 2005.

1. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

recently ive been having problems at home with chillforum. whenever i try to open the site, my browser just closes on me. im at someone else's home right now. just wondering if anybody else sometimes gets that, of have experienced it before

2. hmmm was it before the news ticker was installed or after? i tried at school and it freezes for awhile be4 the thing loads up but it works fine.

3. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

hmph...no worries here with me...i can access site fine with fox n IE...

4. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

i think it might be java. sometimes right after it crashes i get a error log file on my desktop. something about java. ive tried going to the java download page, and same thing happens. does anyone know how to get about this?

5. Knoctur_nal

spyware!!!!!!!!....haha...or u can just completely remove java and reinstall it.....

6. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

yea imma reinstall that, but i dont know what to install. i several java things installed.

7. Knoctur_nal

can u post the names of those java apps u have....seem like j2se dl would be the way to go...

8. brownishmarker

brownishmarker Well-Known Member

why dont u dissable java and try going on the site if it works with it disabled then ud know for sure. if it aint java then it might be spyware or malware wat ever ud like to call it. its been known to close browsers like that...well unless it only happens on this site then hrmmm...

9. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

thats a good idea. i'll do that when i get home and will update in a week or so

10. Knoctur_nal

good idea mark suggested... u have all the tools n firewalls.....fire em up scotty

#10 Knoctur_nal, Jul 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  11. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

alright so it works

12. Knoctur_nal

right on mark....his suggestion worked....

13. right on mark! Where is markeR?

14. Knoctur_nal

hes just coming out of summer hibernation...haas

15. Chun Fei

Chun Fei Member

maybe firewall or sumthing. if u have set it up for unknown sites or risk your firewall will close it.

16. Knoctur_nal

thx..isuue was resolved a while back..some issues with firefox n the forum itself back in the day of chillforum...

17. Cathy_Wong

Cathy_Wong Guest

any1 know how i can speed up my browser? its slow only here.

18. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

if u r a BT program it slows the browser (obviously) if not try the followin

remove the checked box in the properties of ur C drive its called allow indexin service ....

or clean up ur net files usin disk clean up

19. Knoctur_nal

try cleaning out the cache..and what browser are u using?...clean out ur temp files..