Can Yoo Seung Jun come back to Korea?

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by b-lee, Jun 21, 2007.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

[​IMG]

Once a pop sensation, Yoo Seung Jun made the biggest mistake of his life in 2002. To avoid his military duties in Korea, he became a naturalized US citizen, but as expected, this did not fly with our fellow Koreans. Many felt betrayed and cheated since he promoted himself by consistently stating that “as a healthy male citizen of Korea, I plan to go to the army.” To make the long story short, Mr. Yoo was deported back to the states when he came back to Korea with his spanking new US passport.

A lot has happened since then. Yoo Seung Jun got married, had a child and started his musical career in China. He’s doing okay in China, but it’s obvious that he wants to come back to his motherland and he’s testing the water in various ways. He tried to do his own version of Newlyweds on Mnet, but that fell threw. And his latest strategy is to pour his heart out to the public in an attempt to make them understand why he made the wrong decision. Yoo’s interview was aired on tvN, but the timing couldn’t be any worse. The public is currently disgusted with the special treatment celebs and rich chaebols receive when it comes to military duties as they watch Psy’s investigation unfold, so forgiving Yoo Seung Jun is currently out of the question. But do you think that he should be allowed to come back to Korea?

Yoo Seung Jun’s MV during his heyday
    [youtube]TUIlA2IX4to[/youtube]

Source: popseoul

2. VietBoi

VietBoi Well-Known Member

Yoo Seung Jun has stepped on Korean soil once again after 16 months. He arrived in Korean at 4:30 am yesterday (June 26, 2003). Although he is in Korea, he is not here to stay. He was given permission to stay for 3 days, if he did not participate with any celebrity activities. His plan was to stay for one day, to go to a funeral of his fiance's father, and to visit his grandmother's tomb.

At the funeral he was crying with his fiance, and asked politely for reporters there to leave. The reporters were hoping to get an interview of Yoo Seung Jun. Knowing Yoo Seung Jun should not be involved with any celebrity activities, former manager of Yoo Seung Jun blocked the way of reporters. A year since her death, Yoo Seung Jun visited his grandmother's tomb for the first time before he was to return to Orange County.

Previously, in Orange County, Yoo Seung Jun was interviewed, and he stated, "Honestly, I do regret my choices. It is the worst feeling for me not being able to find and go to my country." "Nobody wants to listen to what I say. Everything I say, well, honestly, is an excuse. After having first said that I would attend the army, I couldn't because of a personal reason." "Everytime I hear those nicknames, I always get a lot of thoughts of regret. Even though it was my fault and I caused it, it doesn't feel fair to me. Sometimes I think, 'I have the right to what I do..' but I didn't think 'would they feel betrayed?', etc. I could see that far."