CAN YOU TELL US ASIANS APART? TAKE THE TEST!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hkm91450, Jan 29, 2006.

1. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

My white friend asked me once how to tell the difference between different asians (ex. Chinese from Japanese from Korean). I said that when you're asian, you just know, just b/c, no "real trick".

Anyways, she told me to take this interesting test:

http://www.alllooksame.com/frameset-register.html

*You will notice that it says "register", but... Just put in random letters if you're not comfortable putting your name/country etc... And then take the test!

And surprisingly, I failed (I only got like 3 more correct than my white friend) I don't know, as Chinese... I thought I could tell the difference, but I was wrong! Maybe the test is purposely made to be hard.... When I watch TV shows, listen to languages, I can tell the diff... but who knows...

I don't know, I always get offended when white people always lumps Chinese/Kor/Jap into one category and mixes them up.... but maybe now they have reason to if I can't even pass this test! Argh!

Anyways, how did you guys do on this test?? And is there actually a "real trick" to differ between us asians?? :D

#1 hkm91450, Jan 29, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  2. superman411

superman411 Member

I got 7 correct... the average... -clapclap

3. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

Haha, i couldnt tell -sweat

4. imisu

imisu Well-Known Member

haha 7 =T

5. Eve

Eve Well-Known Member

I scored a 10, not brilliant but a little above average so I guess I can tell some of us apart.

If you're asian, you should see whether or not you can pick out your race easier. I'm chinese and I guessed all but 1 of the chinese faces correctly, but I mixed up a lot of the Japanese with Koreans and vice versa. Maybe it's because I've just started to watch/listen to their stuff.

6. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

i cant tell anyone apart..asian...all them reaces out there....why look at race...humans i say!

7. popalopa

popalopa Well-Known Member

I did it a long time ago but I got a somewhat average score. I don't mind cause I have to agree I can tell asian people apart.

8. shhh lips

shhh lips Well-Known Member

I only got 8. For some reason i just guessed most of them was Korean

9. OMG it's all a trick!!! your average asian person doesn't look like that... damn i could only tell 1 chinese from like 5 or 6 of the bunch... lol i got a freakin 5, it said I might as well toss up a coin... these must be like next gen. asians...o_O. I'm use to seein japanese pple with like slightly crooked teeth and I couldn't believe the ones who were chinese was so dark... but it was obvious the ones with bleached hair were japanese. oh well im sure this doesn't prove anything...

10. chiehc87

chiehc87 Well-Known Member

hahaha .. that is a fun event. I miserably got a 6. >.< however, i think most of us can tell whether a person is chinese, korean, and/or japanese when that individual speaks. There is a direct and obvious accent to a mandarian speaking individual than to a korean speaking individual. Therefore, i don't feel so bad, since if there was an aud. version of this game. I think we can ace it. lol. jk. Anyways, it was quite amusing to be aware of some physical similarity in our brothers and sisters of asia!!!

11. DaProdigy_718

DaProdigy_718 Well-Known Member

i took this b4, got like a 5.yea in real life its easier to tell

12. lionheart

lionheart Well-Known Member

lol, i couldnt tell

13. Goodgirl

Goodgirl Active Member

Honestly, i couldn't tell, hehe..

14. sweetlilpiggy

sweetlilpiggy Member

LoL! I took this test b4 and i couldn't tell them apart....

15. nickname

nickname Member

only got 4 but yeah in reality it's easier to guess :)

16. mzxcharlene

mzxcharlene Active Member

17. mega_o_mega

mega_o_mega Well-Known Member

i got average, 7.... that was hard -what? ........ but for some reason for the Asian people at my school, i could tell if they're Chinese/Japanese/Korean.......... i guess it's harder when you're just looking at the pictures -rolleyes . i'm Chinese and i got 5 out of 7 Chinese correct..... to me, that's a good thing :D

18. h0nkieb0i

h0nkieb0i New Member

haha yay`! i got 9 =P

19. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

haha well said :p

20. Li-thal

Li-thal Active Member

i got 6, got messed up between the chinese and japs