Cobra Kills Chef Even After Being Decapitated

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shinobi, Aug 26, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

A chef killed a snake — but the snake had enough time to kill him back.

Chef Peng Fan, of Guangdong Province in China, cut off the head of a spitting cobra as he prepared to dice its body for a soup, the Daily Mail reports.

But 20 minutes later, as Peng was tossing the head in the trash, the head was still functioning. That's when the venomous creature bit the chef, who died before anti-venom could be provided. "We ... could hear screams coming from the kitchen," says one restaurant guest.

The bite results in paralysis and asphyxiation, the Daily Mirror notes.

"It is perfectly possible that the head remained alive and bit Peng's hand," says an expert, adding that reptiles can usually function for up to an hour, even after being decapitated. "By the time a snake has lost its head, it's effectively dead as basic body functions have ceased, but there is still some reflexive action. It means snakes have the capability of biting and injecting venom even after the head has been severed."

credits: usatoday

2. PBPsti

PBPsti Well-Known Member

dam, "vengeance"

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

China don't have anti venom in a lot of places cause there aren't a lot of profit for them.

4. wow.. that's a bad way to go.. On another note.. I miss eating snake.. mmm...

I always thought they usually serve non-venomous snakes in china.. I mean snake is snake.. I doubt you can taste much difference from what little meat it has..

5. never had snake... ever. What's it taste like?

6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Chicken. It tastes like chicken.

7. snake soup :eat:

8. kevin

kevin RAWR!

What are the chances of that!

9. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

wow, thats some juju back there...

apparently the snake 'dam'? is supposed to be very nutritious for guys?

10. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

The snake Gall Bladder is traditionally reputed to be an anti-tussive and can reduce Phlegm production. Some also say that it improves eye sight. However, there have been reported instances of hepatitis transmission, as well as parasitic infection from eating raw snake bile. There is an incorrect assumption that soaking the gall bladder in alcoholic wine will neutralize infectious agents. That's not true:

http://www.itmonline.org/arts/snakes.htm
    https://chinesepod.com/blog/snakes-traditional-chinese-medicine/1126
    http://www.scmp.com/article/262670/snake-bile-can-cause-disease

Oh, and yes, I've tried it. No difference in anything except my wallet being lighter.

11. jtommy87

jtommy87 Well-Known Member

Karma ....but didn't know snake was still alive have their head have been chop off!