[Contest] *PA Banner Contest*

Discussion in 'Site Info, Rules, Feedback, and Announcements' started by hadouken, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok guys as u can see from above we've got a pretty awesome banner right? -dead

We are looking for a better banner than this so if you would like to help us out just post the banner you've made in this thread and the MODs will then review it and decide whether or not it will be the winning banner

[​IMG]

This is where the banner will end from where it starts so its not a full banner that you'll be making

Some information about the contest below:

the winning banner will be used as PA's new main banner =)

*artist must not sign their name on it, anything allowed but no personal signatures (letters) .

There will only be one winner

The banner must fit the forum layout theme.

The resolution of the banner should be 785width and 126height. Here is a link of the PSD file of the exact resolution we really want you to use.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/24682087/Bannersize.psd.html
    or
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14K0O15W

The Banner Contest will end on July 31st.
    The winning designer will recieve a cd of their choice choosen from YesAsia.com

GOOD LUCK! HAVE FUN! If u have any other questions please post it here as well. :)

#1 hadouken, Jul 1, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  2. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

Should it match the yellowish orangish layout? Im still thinking on contributing or not, what if im the only one?

3. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

if ure the only one and ur banner sucks u still wont win lol :p
    and yah... it should match.

4. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

ecko and knoc.....you guys better participate! :D

5. LOL -rotfl omg thats freakin' hilarious...

Just wonderin' would ya'll like to add celebs to the mix... or can it just say popularasians with like misc stuff???

6. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

so what if no one contributes? keep the current banner? i think its ok!

7. corpntachan

corpntachan Member

Does the banner have to be plain with the word saying PopularAsian or with singer and artists as theme with world saying PopularAsian?

8. b-lee

it doesnt really matter if there are celebrities on it or not, as long as it looks nice and goes well with the forum layout :)

9. corpntachan

corpntachan Member

okay. thanks for telling me. i'll try to do it right now.

10. quick question... when I load the template in Photoshop.... theres an orange bar underneath. Do I need to keep it there???

11. corpntachan

corpntachan Member

i dun think so, I erased it. <.< good question. lol do we?

12. yea it keeps the current bar intact.

unless you can make it look better without it =P

13. Rikayla

Rikayla Active Member

[​IMG]

That's mine. I didn't use the template, but if we're allowed to submit in more than one entry, than I'll probably use it next time. And I hope that we are allowed to submit in more than one entry because I only used Japanese celebrities... If we're allowed, I'll probably use/add in Chinese/Korean etc. celebrities too.

:) Hope you likes.

Edit: I think it shrinked it on the forum, so here's the image link.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8136/pngpopularasians8ux.png

14. b-lee

^hey not bad at all, u can make as many as u like there's no restrictions :)

15. Nirvania... i seen your work in your signatures... im very impressed that moving background...i likey -detect . Well goodluck to the particpates! make PA proud! -bigclap

EDIT - Rikayla very nice definately matches our new layout... your the first submission so i will give you extra Points :) Lets see some more!

16. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

.......*sweat drops* dont like working with real pics.....gotta give it a couple trys

17. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

argggg, I cant find any photos!!

18. AVANT

AVANT Well-Known Member

Are SWF files allowed?

Do you plan to repeat the banner across the top like the old banner? Or will it be just shown once?

19. b-lee

Sorry .swf isnt allowed and the banner wont repeat itself like the old one. Instead we will take a part of ur banner and make it as the BG so it will fit for every resolution.

Btw nice banners guys, I didnt expect to see banners this soon. Keep them coming! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.