Creating a Website about HK

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by SUSIE-DANG-1988, Feb 16, 2009.

1. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

Okay, for one of my unit - I need to create a website with any topic. So I decided to create a website about HK, as I did TVB last year [site got deleted] so can't show it to you guys.

This time I need to make a banner, include animation, edited video, sound, splash page.

[no need to download:-]

My site map:http://a.nnotate.com/php/pdfnotate.php?d=2009-02-17&c=lLZg1Eqm&upl=1 : which is what web pages are linked.

Diagrams of each web page: http://a.nnotate.com/php/pdfnotate.php?d=2009-02-17&c=G8iMb232&upl=1 - just an idea of what of want my page pages to look like

Maybe you guys can help me:
    - Think my site map need improving: like think of a better sub heading i think "eating out" isn't really a proper...
    - Also I know there are many attractions and places to visit, so maybe you guys can give me details and maybe some photo's if got any
    - What images shall I use on my banner / how it should be like
    - Find me a chinesesy instrumental song so i can play background or something
    - A relevant short clip off or about HK or just anything related to HK on youtube or something [so i can download off youtube then edit the video]
    - Background : colour? image?

Much appriciated if you could give me adivice/ideas!! :)

#1 SUSIE-DANG-1988, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

Maybe a "Contact Us" hyperlink or have it under about us?

3. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

But perhaps colloquial language will draw more attention to the audience and it will seperate your site from others

Three images that comes to mind when it comes to HK.
    1) Cityscraper Day/Night, especially the whole Victoria Harbour
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2) Shopping centres, most interior of the shopping centres looks better than the outside, shops, high ceilings, escalators, lighings, decorations
    [​IMG]

3) Streetmalls/People, streets of Mongkok are filled with neon street signs and their products dangling from each store with many tourist wandering through the streets
    [​IMG]

I think a slow moving landscape view of Victoria Harbour from Day to Night will be effective

Stephy? -lol
    I heard an instrumental song of Let it Be (Piano Version) on a game site once, loved it since, however the game site got shut down :(
    Anything mood uplifting will be good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42zQwPcnAmA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkYooqsI_Iw

1) DeviantArt
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Hong+Kong
    2) Flickr (May have to Prnt Scrn their pics)
    http://flickr.com/search/?q=hong+kong
    > Search "Hong Kong," "Hong Kong Victoria Harbour," "Mong Kok," etc.

Here are a few pics of HK:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope it helps ;)

Good Luck (Y)

PS: WTF?
    [​IMG]

#3 mr_evolution, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  4. dickson

dickson Well-Known Member

^ LOL i dont see u analysing those retarded english core texts we have to do at school so well

maybe try putting some internationally famous celebs on ur site :p

5. SUSIE-DANG-1988

wow! thanks for all these useful info mr_evolution! :)

i was guna do a flash site - like that site i wanted to look like on that beast stalker official website. - doing it by using flash.
    but just to make things alot easier decided to stick to web pages so creating it by dreamweaver.

I like that first clip - might d/l that actually and do a few editing. But which web page do you think I should put this clip on though?

hmm.. stephy paino version - not sure which one. :/ But I'll see if i can find it, if not - just have to search around and look.

Thanks for the tips for the banner. I'll do a basic one first and then post it up on here then maybe you guys can tell me what i can improve on.

As for the contact us, i might have that on my abaout page... 'cos they kinder link i would say... thanks for the suggestion. :)

keep them coming! hehehes.

6. mr_evolution

You get full marks in my eyes

7. SUSIE-DANG-1988

8. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ puhehehe susieee....ya really like that song huh...i remember ya sung it too...^^...

hmmm....so ya looking for something piano-y/instrumental..?

and i know how muchy of a TVB fan you are...check out this dude's youtube page....he plays
    a lot of tvb themesongs on the piano....they're goooood...!!!...he's even a PA member too...:kekekegay:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=instantnoodlesXP

9. SUSIE-DANG-1988

LOL. haha. Its a very simple song thats why. haahas.
    yeehhh just a music playing background thats all.
    Thanks for the link. :D hmm.. still not sure which song to use.
    what do you think though?

btw: this is my first attempt on my banner - pretty basic [not that good to be honest]:
    [​IMG]

really needs improving - but dont know what else i could add.
    And wasn't sure what i can write on the banner and not sure if i chose the write images. :/

10. mr_evolution

Tone down the stroke (red outline) of the text, you dont want the audience to focus on the text instead of the pic

11. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

^ Minor thing, but perhaps make the frames between different photos a bit more?

12. SUSIE-DANG-1988

True. Okies - will do that.

... not exactly quite sure what you mean here. :S

13. mr_evolution

Making frames a bit more = longer time for the frames to switch (they dont change as fast)

14. SUSIE-DANG-1988

^ ahhh right. okies.
    thankies.

15. brown_bear

is that the banner for the website..?..or do you want us to choose one of the piccies out of the 4..?

then i likey the night-sky one....!!....i think its the last one...
    if its the whole banner....moving then mebe slow it down..?...coz i think it moves a bit too fast

16. SUSIE-DANG-1988

yep yep, made it move slower and also lighten the red i also done my splash page too and collected info about each web pages and images. hehes.

but need more info about shopping: yuen long plaza and tai po megamall. So if anyone has any info on these would be great.
    and still need to d/l those youtube vids and edit them.

17. SUSIE-DANG-1988

okay so far, done...

my splash page: http://megaswf.com/view/92911516ebcd940cd796666f9f5fbbd3.html
    my attractions page:
    [​IMG]

^ all those images are linked so goes to that particular page and as for the banner is the one i created posts above...

the peak image looks odd don't you think? Tried to change my background grey so it will look similair to the other images - but doesn't look right. Tried looking for another image.. but can't find any. :/
    you reckon i should just have a sign saying "the peak" or something?? ... also you think i should put a border around the images-link or something?? ....

and also the other pages like: shopping and eating page... you think i should do the same.. like images, border around the images cos i can't really do like my attractions page [transparent images] to represent hyperlinks? is there a sign/logo for these anyways? cos i cant find any... mongkok, tsim sha tsui etc... ?

#17 SUSIE-DANG-1988, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  18. mr_evolution

Here's some more info on HK:
    http://www.chinaculture.org/gb/en_focus/node_3508.htm

Here's the HK logo:
    [​IMG]

And eh..more banner alternative?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. brown_bear

ummm...the front page loooks good....but couldnt enter anymore =/

the piccie ya posted of it so far looks good esp. the banner bit...but the grey at the bottom half
    of the page seems kinda dull...i think mebe have a background would be better than just grey...

but its looking good...-flow

20. SUSIE-DANG-1988

how you know about that site? hahahas. I searched - and didnt come across that site. lol!
    thanks for the images - might include the last banner, already got the first banner.

Might include the logo at the bottom of my web pagesw - like a footer.

hahahas, yeh it is dull. rofl. but hen i put a background - can't see the text and the images won't look like as it is.. cant really see it clearly when background is there. But thanks for the advices. Keep them coming!

.. oh yehs, the enter does work - cos i got the files on the same folder - it won't work when you guys click on it.