"Dads" by Seth MacFarlane Is Racist

Discussion in 'Random / Offtopic' started by Louis Gridley Wu, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Louis Gridley Wu

Fox has a new show called Dads that is extremely racist towards Asians. Yet, a simple internet search will reveal that few people care about the issue, and more of them just join in on the "joke".

If someone had made a racist remark about blacks, the entire country would go into an uproar. This double standard needs to stop. It needs to stop NOW.

I have found the phone number for Family Guy's production office -- 323-857-8800.

2. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Is Fox Television racist? Of course they are, their whole corporate agenda had been based on preservation of the white race and conservative culture supremacy; this isn't anything new. What's funny here is the discovery of Fox's "evil" by people who just got their own toe stepped on, and then it becomes personal; so personal in fact, that they decide to troll the Asian forums and with their very first post, shout their indignation:

3. setshiro

setshiro Well-Known Member

South Park makes fun of everything and everyone and it's been around a lot longer. First off define racism. Is it making fun of stereotypes of a certain culture/people? That's pretty much what satire is. Interesting to note is that the purpose of satire is to shame people/society into improvement by bringing to light the shortcomings/vices/etc of society which includes racism by the way. That being said, what was said in the show that particularly offended you?

4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

If you watched Fox News, you should know how fcked up they are. Full of crazy talks.

5. Louis Gridley Wu

6. ralphrepo

Don't bother; I doubt he's ever coming back to this forum, much less this thread. He's probably joining any and all "Asian" forum or sites for the singular purpose of copy and pasting the exact same message into all of them in order to generate anger and resentment against Fox; this was political spam.

7. setshiro

setshiro Well-Known Member

Was it the Asian girl dressed all skimpy schoolgirl-like? Because that's nothing compared to Reno 911's Asian hooker secretary lol

8. ralphrepo

What we need here is a Chinese Hollywood Shuffle, LOL...

[video=youtube;_ASZ6K9cPNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ASZ6K9cPNk[/video]

[video=youtube;KfWc47SEPA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfWc47SEPA0[/video]

9. Louis Gridley Wu

I've found the phone number for the production office of Dads:

310-369-8617

And yes, I did come back as you can see. I'm not sure how many of you are actually Asian because most of you seem to have no Asian pride whatsoever, but for those of you who are serious about defending the honor of the Asian race, you can feel free to view my blogs and pages.

10. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

shits about to get real-then OT you shall live.

11. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

This is probably the most exciting thread I've seen on PA in awhile..

12. ralphrepo

Hmmm... sort of reminds me of this:

[video=youtube;jyDbfCbQnH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDbfCbQnH8[/video]

13. person

person Well-Known Member

Remember the other dan?
    Good times.

14. DanLover2.0

DanLover2.0 New Member

You mean I? Dann's lover.

I back for loving the Dann, I miss his peen.

15. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

almost everyone here are Asian. No Asian pride? what are you, a teenager? Why are YOU so proud of being Asian first of all? Most of the people here love the Asian culture. Fox is known to put shit like these on their network. Family Guy, American Dad, etc, etc all have racist jokes, but you barely see an outcry for it. I hate it when people make a big deal out of something so small. It's like the people who supported Trayvon Martin. It was a simple racial profiling case that got out of hand and people gave it national media attention. It's a show, don't like it, don't watch it, simple as that.

I don't get why people care about "race" so much. I say at the end, career and life is more important. Just do your thing and move on. This isn't something that would hurt anyone physically or mentally. I'm Asian too, and I love being Asian. I also minored in Chinese history in college, and have all sorts of Asian pride, but I'm not going to go out and get pissed at every little thing anti-Asian. Shit, I make fun of us all the time, and quite frankly, sometimes Asian don't deserve any help, the way they act in public.

16. ralphrepo

What I'm puzzled about was the OP's reference to the Fox trailer of the show; the short two line joke and then the Asian girl in the school girl outfit. Granted, it was bad taste, but even the script's dialog acknowledged it was exploitive and in bad taste, but they did it as a part of some script's defined objective. So, my thought was, "that's it? That's all this guy is bemoaning?" Further, on the link he provides for the on line petition, he doesn't really elaborate as to just what exactly he is so peeved about; he just assumes that the reader is going to be as indignant about it as he, and would readily sign his petition after seeing the same trailer. And because it seems that some think differently than he, then there must be some rational reason as to why, like being not Asian enough; in other words, there must be something wrong with the viewer for not responding the same as he.

Seriously, if this guy is so upset over something like this, you figure he would have a coronary reading about Vincent Chin, or perhaps the racist history behind the Chinese Exclusion Act, or the anti-miscegenation laws whose sole purpose was to prevent 'mud' races from intermarrying whites. Asian pride, for me at least, is in more productive things, like being known as, on average, having the highest education and salaries of any race in the US. And, we can certainly take a joke. With that sort of chip on the shoulder attitude like the one expressed by the OP, I could have just imagine someone that would have jumped up on stage and punched Russell Peters in the mouth for insulting Chinese during that part of his well known and hilarious skit.

[video=youtube;St4bfiXYXvk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St4bfiXYXvk[/video]

[video=youtube;txEUyOKrCxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txEUyOKrCxM[/video]

In short, IMHO, some people need to get a life in order to see what real exploitation is. Showing an Asian girl in a short dress, performing a tongue in cheek mocking of Japanese sexual perversions isn't even low hanging fruit on the spectrum of racial or social sensitivity. As far as I'm concerned, having an Asian face on the show was already acknowledging the shifting American demographic and growing Asian influence within our media psyche. If it pains the OP so much to see it, then my suggestion for him is to not watch it.

#16 ralphrepo, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  17. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

excellent point! Education and career is more than enough to prove people wrong. I mean, look at corporate America, no one gives a shit about race. You come in, you do your job, that's it. If you're good at it, you get paid bank. Look at how many Asians are in software companies (me =] ), and financial companies. Look at how many Asians are in those companies. Shit go to Downtown Boston, and look at State Street, most of those accountants are Asian. Dude is making a big fuss over something so small. I mean at work, my co-workers and I rash on each other's race all the time, even the boss joins in! (of course we refrain ourselves when the CEO or any executive are around). In my honest opinion, racism/discrimination is not that big of a deal compare to the 40s, 50s, 60s or before. It's only a "big deal" if people CHOOSE to make it a big deal. I hate it when the media blow something so small into something like the end of the world is about to happen. The OP isn't so different in my opinion. My question to him, how much history of his own kind does he actually know? What group or activist group is he a part of? If he doesn't know shit or isn't part of any group and just a kid going on social media complaining, then he is a faker and some retard behind his computer doing nothing useful for society

18. ralphrepo

Oh, and BTW, IMHO, those who really care about 'Asian Pride' should care more about issues like this:

[video=youtube;AkN7MWghQ70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkN7MWghQ70&list=PL568AAEBD8A77D5D7[/video]

Related Article: LINK

Or, as they say, "One step forward, Two steps back..."

#18 ralphrepo, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  19. person

person Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I read this article, I was so... ashamed. How can someone be so dumb...

20. ralphrepo

What is so aggravating is that graffiti idiots seem to be evident throughout all ages and cultures. So in that regard, the modern Chinese generation is simply keeping in step with the world's history of inanity. But, what's clearly different about the Luxor graffiti incident is the availability of the net, and the penchant for Chinese netizens to flesh search for and to identify perceived miscreants; which in this case wasn't that hard given that the suspect placed his name there. >.<

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...le_writing_graffiti_on_egyptian_pyramids.html