DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by KenChan, Dec 6, 2010.

1. KenChan

KenChan Member

Who will be getting this game? Any thoughts on the game? Will this be a massive team vs team pvp?

2. I think it's gonna be massive fail..

3. racebannon

racebannon Well-Known Member

This is the only mmo I've actually seriously considered. Still not sure about it though. I wish there was a Marvel one.

4. is this going to be different than city of heros?

5. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but, I just spent a bit of time in this game. It's awful and hard to NOT compare it to World of Warcraft. My cousin got a beta key and I logged on to check it out.

Character customization is pretty small considering that DC superheroes have a decent diversity of stuff.

You have some premaded inspired looks you can pick from so far: Batman, Superman, Batman and Catwoman.

Otherwise, you'll customize like helmet, face (sunglasses, goggle, mask, glowy eyes), belt, back (wings, capes), upper body, lower body, and feet.

Attacks can be dual wielding pistals, weapons, bare hands, and some other crap.

Character movement is based on dashing, acrobatic (sprinting) and flying, it looks very weird on the animation.

The action bar has very few spots to put spells in and you also attack by clicking with Left and Right mouse buttons. You pretty much spam and chain random moves early on and few keyboard pressing to activate your special stuff.

The game feels mad clunky and unpolished from the get go. I don't see this growing into anything too successful after launch.