Dead Space

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Akki, Oct 14, 2008.

1. [youtube]67cTIWDuKXM[/youtube][youtube]4DmsDICPnjg[/youtube]

Watching the gameplay, intrigues me a lot.... the environment changes and the over the shoulder view and the creepy factor entices me even more to want to play this game.... its like play bioshock in 3rd person almost...

2. doubleblanks

doubleblanks Well-Known Member

reminds me of resident evil 4 but in space and with aliens

3. ^its better than RE4

4. goolk

goolk Member

Looks scary and eerie on the video. Looks like a good game.

5. urnsim2

urnsim2 Member

Its a good game. Fast loading time. No crashes. Low requirements. Slightly short but enjoyable while it last. Has a Doom 3 feel to it.

6. phongzero

phongzero Member

what version & language is this

7. I played it for a bit.. never finished the game though..

when I first started playing.. I didn't kno what to do.. those damn creepy crawlers were crazy as hell.. then you figure out to dismember them n starts to get pretty fun..

8. ml_mobile

ml_mobile Member

how would you rate the game Ecko ?

9. SolidSubstance

SolidSubstance Active Member

My only problem is that there doesn't seem to be much replay value as it doesn't seem to be story driven like RE.

10. AmILost

AmILost Member

Finished the game like 2 times normal and hard mode but not the impossible mode

I think that game really freaks me out until chapter 4~5 when I started to adapted the game, lol can guess when they're coming out or so on

I rate this game on 7.75

Graphics = 7
    Runs smooth due to not so high end graphics engine and details(DX9 only)

Gameplay = 8
    A good approach on the non-HUD style, smart enough AI to scare me from behind, some minor puzzle that at least kill me for 5 times before i went through it, innovative Zero-G and Vaccum

Sound = 9
    The composer of the music and sound really did hella job here, creepy and scary music and sound effects really freaks me out

Value = 7
    As u say, no replay value, 2 times and get bored of the game and left it on sleeves for collecting dust

11. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

My rating on the same scale

Graphics = 8.5
    I give it this rating because i was thoroughly impressed by all the visuals in the game, it was gritty and gameplay was smooth. Unfortunately, im only using a gforce 8600 GTS and i could't milk the game for its max graphics settings, so i'm sure i was missing out a bit. I'm thinking of buying my friend's 8800 card, and once i do, i might play the game through for a second time at max settings.

Gameplay = 8.5
    Extremely fun and involving. The level design was excellent and the potential for having a bad guy pop out at every corner kept my adrenaline high and the game exciting. As far as one player FPS's go, this is near the top of my list. The weapons involved are also original and make the game a bit more strategic

Sound = 10
    God damn, the effects and the music combine to make this one creepy ass experience. At some points i needed to turn on some alternate tunes so i could keep on playing cuz i was getting too freaked out; but then again im a pretty big pussy lol.

Value = 6
    I have to agree with the other guy, this is something you can't really play multiple times. There are some incentives to play it over a second time once you beat it the first time, but its not enough.

Overall rating = 8.5

12. the_laughing_man

the_laughing_man Well-Known Member

I got the demo and didn't like it. The weapons are good but the camera angles and shooting is so complicated and awkward it ruined it for me!

13. doubleblanks

doubleblanks Well-Known Member

Didn't find it all too good.

1 point is that you are supposed to sypathise with the main character about his girlfriend when in the whole game he acts pretty much like a robot :p

Blasting the aliens was fun though but i generally found the many ways he could die entertaining :)

14. shytjai

shytjai Member

nice game

15. oh what... i haven't came back to reply.. lol

damn i still have this installed and havent even got around to playing it much.. =/

16. arnica

arnica Well-Known Member

I cant even get past the first stage ... where the door is broken and continually opens and closes.

Any hints?