Do Guys Prefer Girls Who Can Cook?

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by mint_T, May 1, 2006.

1. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

How important is it really??

I mean my guy friends talk about it a lot, that they'd like the girl even more if she knew how to cook and work in the kitchen.

I, myself, hate to be in the kitchen. -dead

2. shy

shy Well-Known Member

Every guy that I've dated loved it when I cooked for them.

I think guys, in general, prefer that a woman knows how to cook, just so that they could sit on their asses all day & watch tv, or do nothing.

Being that I live alone, I have no choice but to learn how to cook. Nowadays, I can basically make anything Chinese. -chef You kind of learn how to cook when you're living on your own. Seriously, how much take out can you really eat?

I don't mind cooking, but I wouldn't want to do it every single day of my life. & what I hate the most is doing the dishes. I hate how dry my hands get after I'm done... and I hate wearing them gloves.

3. lol yea we're lazy like that. But I like to cook also, so i guess it wouldnt matter. I think everyone should learn how to cook cuz your puttin that stuff in your stomach so why not make it as nice as possible.

I watch the foodnetwork everyday and to me cooking is like art cuz ya making something from scratch and in the end you get teh satisfaction of creating something that will impress people. I tell you though even if what I cook don't taste good, ill try to make it look as good as possible lol.

4. shadow Thi3f

shadow Thi3f Well-Known Member

Yeah sure, but I can cook better than most girls. Hahha cuz they got nuthin on me when it comes to the kitchen. I learned from my dad who is a chef.

5. oh mister Martin fuckin Yang over here...

6. shadow Thi3f

Ecko i just love your sarcasm. I was pretty much forced to learn because I live on my own. Plus i get tips from my dad. Its funny how my dad claims he could cook better than Martin Yang. Martin Yang's cooking is geared towards Americans and most white Americans havent tried real chinese food. Then again Ive never tried Martin's cooking before.

7. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Yeh girls who know how to cook will be betta, i can just sit down and watch tv and wait for dinner...

8. eh... it's trash. Martin Yan can't cook worth a damn. That's pretty tight how your dad teaches you how to cook. My dad's a chef also but I have yet to learn some skills wit the wok.

Oh and I'm glad ya liked my humor. I really admire the fact that your confident in your cooking and that ya learn from your dad.

9. babyyjuju

babyyjuju Well-Known Member

i rather the guys be cooking for us.

10. W-inD

W-inD Well-Known Member

i would rather da gurl cook.. but i would always help them in the kitchen if they were too cook;)

11. Tao_lung

Tao_lung Well-Known Member

I don't really care, cause I can cook. If I love her, then it shouldn't matter.

12. bbloveuz

bbloveuz Member

I understand that all guys would prefer a girl that can cook, just like all girls would prefer a guy with lots of money right. But do you guys even consider that quality of a girl when you first decide whether to like the girl or not? I think its something you would think of after dating the girl for a while and actually planning a futher with the girl. The question I would like to ask is if you guys would leave a girl that can't cook. Just think, if you have to do all the cooking for the rest of your life with this girl, would you rather find someone else?

13. ruckusinthahouse

ruckusinthahouse Well-Known Member

I find it quite sexy if a woman can cook. It is nice if they can. I would like to eat something that would be her favorite to cook up.

14. mince999

mince999 Member

as a guy, i can cook for myself and guests. it would not be that big a deal if my significant other can't cook (ie. i won't lose interest in her just b/c she cant cook), since i can take over... but of cos, its always gonna be better if both parties can cook =pp

15. shadow Thi3f

No, I would not leave a girl who cant cook. You can teach anyone to cook and as long as that person is willing to learn then there is no reason for me to leave her. A girl who knows how to cook shows that she is independent and not too dependent on someone else taking care of her. There are girls out there who have this Princess persona. They expect everyone to cater to them. I would expect the person im with to be able to cook or have the desire to learn to how to cook. I would rather share the cooking duties rather than having me cook every single time.

16. jwyim84

jwyim84 Member

Oh yea a beautiful girl who can cook definatly attracts me!

17. hawaiifreak

hawaiifreak Member

Yea I think guys prefer girls to cook for them since most guys I know love to eat. So basically if you can cook for them they'll be happy.

18. aquaman

aquaman Member

look....as a guy if you want to cook most of the time for your woman then you're a tard....sorry if that offends anyone but think about what is the woman doin then??? if you cook then does that mean she mows the lawn??? women fight for independence and equal rights....50/50 right???? then you cook she mows the lawn....even trade...she wants you to wash the dishes and clean the table as well?....no problem....she can wash both cars.....she wants you to sweep and mop the floor then she can unclog the sink/toilet/whatever....if she wants you to do the laundry then she can kill the ants/coachroaches/moths/whatever.....

i think you guys get what i mean now......my wife was that type that was the "independent" type and after our "talk" she's cool......sorry to all the girls here that might get offended by this post as well....seems this post might offend everyone so i'll quit here.....

19. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

if possible i prefer both to cook, cook alone is boring usually afer cooking no mood to eat

20. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

I think it's more important if a guy can cook lol