Do you agree with nikis decision to break up with Kevin?

Discussion in 'The Seventh Day - 最美麗的第七天' started by mwai007, Mar 11, 2008.

1. mwai007

mwai007 Well-Known Member

hey people

jus wondering what ur thoughts are with this situation..

is it cruel? is it fair? is it worth the hurt? is it better to be honest?

gimme ur thoughts! -^_^

2. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Nikki should stay with Kevin, who cares about Selena!

3. hoi_lee

hoi_lee Well-Known Member

hmm ... i think its cruel ><..kevin would've stayed with her and help her if she told him

4. Valkrezy

Valkrezy Well-Known Member

I think its the right thing to do. Its better to be sad yourself than sadden those that you love right?

5. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

No offense to anyone, i but just think its another drag in the storyline, it would have been better if niki told kevin about her illness and let him stay and look after her, and in the mean time showing her family that he is a good guy that really loves her. All this breaking up and getting back together etc is tiring and overused, and encourage cramming everything in in the last few episodes.

6. dave709394

dave709394 Well-Known Member

I disagree, no offense to Valkrezy but from a my point of view, Niki should of told Kevin about her illness, I know what you everyone is thinking; she dont want to make him sad, but by breaking up with him she has already hurt him. From Kevin's point of view his heart is crushed when Niki used the doctor and pretend she had fallen for him. Im sure for those who lost someone to a third person how hard and how painful it was.

Niki's character is a strong and independent which is prob why she did what she did, and if she didnt there wouldnt be a story for us.

7. the story gets more interesting when she has to dump kevin...lets be honest it was very boring when they were on tokyo and even before that.... everyone was more interested in watching sasa/don more.....but now it seems to equal out.....of course not its not right to dump him but for the shows sake... its a good move!

in reality if you bf/gf had cancer and it was fatal you would stay with them to the end...cause sooner later they will be gone.... and you can live your life...just be with them for the time being and the time left.

8. Valkrezy

Valkrezy Well-Known Member

No problem, I do agree with what you are saying. But with what Niki is doing I could feel that she loves Kevin a lot that she is willing to give up her love just so Kevin wouldn't feel hurt. For example if I am Kevin and find out that my lover die from a disease, I will probably miss her and might not find a 2nd girlfriend after she die. But if she cheated on me, might as well I find another girlfriend in the future. I am sure thats what Niki wants Kevin to do, to find another person that could take over her spot as Kevin girlfriend. That if Kevin never finds out the true that Niki got a disease.

9. whitenight

whitenight Well-Known Member

No, I don't agree with Niki's decision. I think she should have told him that she had cancer. I mean he should have the chance to make his own decision if he wants to be with Niki or not. Like other members have said, this twist is another drama thing that TVB always uses to get some more episodes from the story.

10. kennyxiao88@hotmail.com

kennyxiao88@hotmail.com Well-Known Member

I think it was the right thing for her to do...To love someone you must protect them at all cost...And to love someone is to make them happy and not be selfish...even if it means losing them...

11. maybellina

maybellina Well-Known Member

I agree. I find that it would be too selfish to have your love one suffering the pain with you~ I think I would've done the same thing...knowing that there won't be a future with the one you love~

12. MunMun

MunMun Well-Known Member

But the thing is if you tell them yourself you have cancer then they will be less hurt than finding out from someone else after your dead that you died from cancer.

13. maybellina

maybellina Well-Known Member

Well, hmmm..I dunno if I would have the guts to tell them myself...it's really hard to tell someone that u are dying of cancer. I dun think I have the heart to do it~ Again...they will probably find out in the end, but I rather not tell them and just break off the relationship~

14. Jeannyyx33

Jeannyyx33 Member

welll kinda coz she didnt want kevin to be loney after she dies buh it hurts more on niki coz she have to give up someone she reallie likes

15. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

I think If i were Niki i would have broken up with Kevin too.Who would wan ttheir loved ones to see them suffering in pain?And to look less pretty or normal each day....

16. fidelis7119

fidelis7119 Well-Known Member

I think this whole scenario is soooo typical! it pisses me off. becuase imean this drama is cliche enough without that factor in it...but they just have to make Nikki's and Kevin's relationship out to be so typical.

ANyway, to answer the question, i think instead of breking up with him, she should tell him the truth or at least he should suspects that theres something wrong because of all those times that she spent on the phone with him she obviously isn't feeling well.....

idk..im only up to episode 15 cuz i'm waiting for 16-20 to be english subbed....so ergh...that's just my schpill up to epsidoe 15. :)

17. sweet_rosebud

sweet_rosebud Member

we felt bad about it but i understand how niki feels..i prob wouldve done same thing...she cared for the one she loved and didnt want him to go through what she was...

18. Jetronic

Jetronic Member

I thought it was kind of silly, because Kevin would have been miserable either way....