Do you believe in a greater being...

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by donkeyhit, Feb 25, 2006.

1. donkeyhit

donkeyhit Well-Known Member

anywaz... I personally believe in God... therefore i would believe there is someone or something watching over us...

but i was curious... what if someone is even greater than God... and is watching God and so on...

2. naruto1314

naruto1314 Well-Known Member

#2 naruto1314, Feb 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  3. Err0r

Err0r Well-Known Member

god is everything and therefore i am god, you are too.

4. aftashock

aftashock Active Member

god is not everything, they are probably nothing because they aint existed dawg

5. naruto1314

naruto1314 Well-Known Member

i agreed with it
    that why i believe there no god

6. donkeyhit

i'm not sure i'm getting that... but i think what he meant was that

everyone 1 of us is god?... meaning me u and everyone surround us r god..?

7. donkeyhit

#7 donkeyhit, Feb 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  8. Err0r

Err0r Well-Known Member

if there is god, then he/she/it must be everything. therefore, even you and i must be god.

9. donkeyhit

god is not everything... it's just part of everything... ex... our conscience is from god... therefore god is within us... but it doesnt mean we r god/goddess.

*my theory at least*

10. YamapiRox

YamapiRox Member

There can't be a god if there really was a god why would he make the lives of some better than others. Why is it that he makes accepting him easier for some than for others. Eg. If you were a hooker that continually gets bashed and mistreated you wouldn't beleive there is a good but if your a multi millionaire and everything is easy for you it'd be easy to accept that someone up there really likes you. If god was really fair he wouldn't taunt people with desires...
    Unless god was some cruel bastard but yer besides if he was mean then nothing else would fit. Just my 2c

11. donkeyhit

well i guess i can always say that the person never actually trying to keep in touch with God... if thay person luv God in the first place... she wouldnt selll her body for money... and for the muti millionaire dude doesnt mean that he's always happy...

12. jokezx38

jokezx38 Member

higher being....HMM..personally i believe its not the karma that gets you, but its the carelessness in people...when a person gets careless, eventually something unfortunate will happen to them, big or small. they tend to blame it on something negative they did previously and say its karma, but in the end its just them being careless n neglectin the fact that they had control over something that could've been done better

13. taxi01

taxi01 Active Member

My answer is YES. There is a God that is greater than us, our creator! If you spend some time reading Genesis from the Bible, you will learn to understand how humans came about.

14. ninu

ninu Member

I do believe that there is a Greater Being , But I also believe the concept of "God " as is widely propogated throughout human history does not necessarily depict that being/entity. "God " is a Human creation and it is the term and what they associate with it that most people argue about .

15. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

You know, I'm really not sure. I've always drew on the conclusion that religion is actually a getaway for these people. Our history as humans have been filled with nothing but grief, sadness prevailed by beliefs in a greater being.

It's salvation to us, it gives hope to those in despair.

16. ahhamah

ahhamah Well-Known Member

Aliens DO EXIST

17. OSJ

OSJ Well-Known Member

i go church =D

18. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Yeah, god is around but they are kind of moody I think cause they never communicate with us in church or wherever. -what?

19. vickeemui

vickeemui Member

yeah.. i believe that there is someone/something that is watching over us.. so i guess you could say that i believe in god ..

20. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

anything is possible