Do you go out to eat by yourself?

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by smallrinilady, Jul 5, 2007.

?

Do you eat out alone?

1. yes

33 vote(s)
    40.2%
  2. no

49 vote(s)
    59.8%
  1. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

Do you ever go to restaurants and eat by yourself?

oops i forgot there is the new food forum, hmmm, can someone help move this over there?

2. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

I personally dont mind food courts or a fast food joint, but I dont really like going out to eat at any real restaurants by myself. And even at a food court or a fast food joint, I kinda make myself look busy like reading a newspaper or book

if i want to eat restaurants but i'm by myself, I will just order to go then.

3. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

naw i enjoy to eat with friends, eating alone seems very uncomfortable

4. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

of course eating is more fun with friends but if you can't find them...i'll do wat u do...order takeout go home and eat it in front of the tv or computer.

5. kmt

kmt Member

I think it's pretty much unavoidable if you sometimes have to travel because of work.

6. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

I live on my own (with a landlady and housemate) and yes, sometimes I have no choice.
    If I don't go out to eat by myself, I might be dying of hunger or having mal-nutrition.
    Sometimes, I eat bread or instant noodles for dinner when I am too lazy to go out, other times, yes I go out to eat after my gym and yes, I do sit alone in a restaurant to eat.
    It's lonely at first, but after a while, I get used to it, and I'll just ignore some rude people who do stare at me. -whistle
    I don't find it awkward after a while...
    And i usually fiddle with my phone, sending sms-es while waiting for my food, or try to memorize the menu... -^_^

7. kianu

kianu Well-Known Member

Because of my job i have to eat out alone!!and it's ok!

8. ProjectD

well that is true if you have no choice but if any of you did i think we would all much prefer to eat with someone you know

9. kmt

kmt Member

Well, if the company picks up the tab then it certainly makes it a bit better. You can always eat to your heart's content.

10. BabyRain

Hmm, after a few times of eating alone by myself, I kinda like it sometimes, especially when I am in a quiet mood or too tired to have a conversation neway.
    And besides, it's kind of a liberating experience to be able to sit somewhere, order your own food, and eat in peace... -lol
    And there are many ways to entertain myself. SMS, read the menu, analyze those diners around me, checking out any hot waiters ... etc.

11. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

I usually don't eat by myself. if there is something I really want I would do take out but it is not as good. But if a restaurant have those stool sitting then I don't mind cause I can alway read a book or newpaper, or even bring my laptop to do some work.

12. ProjectD

well that is certainly true if your in that kind of mood, cause usually like me i have a bit of a bad eating habit where i pay attention to the person talking and than i would pick up something to eat and than end up having food all over my shirt so yeah....

13. BabyRain

Oh! Hahaha, then I would like to have a meal with you one day... just to see that happens... -innocent2

14. jwslam

jwslam Well-Known Member

eating alone is weird

and sitting and waiting alone for your food is worse

15. ProjectD

lol im getting older and getting to have better habits but you never know right?

16. BabyRain

I guess you can say that if you are generally a boring person. -whistle
    Metallica - Boredom comes from a boring mind.

17. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

There should be an option; only when it's unavoidable/sometimes. -unsure

Yeah, when I'm in a fastfood restaurant or lunchroom, but not in a real restaurant, altough I did that once in Japan as my friend was already full and I wanted to have another meal in another restaurant. I was only feeling awkward a bit at the beginning but I get used to and I saw a lot of single peeps eating by themselves in restaurants.

Don't think I can sit alone in a real restaurant outside Japan without feeling awkward or being watched so I prefer a takeway in that case or I resort to the frozen pizza's hehe.

18. subaru3169

subaru3169 Well-Known Member

i always get to go.. coz i will go home eat by myself.. all the time=/

19. xmichelly

xmichelly Well-Known Member

I like to eat with someone. If I have to eat alone, I'll bring something to do, just to seem like I"m too busy to eat with someone ^__^

20. Jun

Jun Well-Known Member

nope i'd nvr eat alone outside. i would rather takeout or get it delivered to my house