Dominic Ho Gains Popularity After Filming "The Gigolo"

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Jan 11, 2016.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

dominic-ho-2016.jpg

Singer and dancer Dominic Ho (何浩文) made his debut in the industry as a member of the dance-pop boy group Bro5 in 2008, but the band’s lackluster results have led to a disbandment a few years later.

In 2012, Dominic took part in a small role for Lan Kwai Fong 2 <蘭桂坊2>, which caught the attention of director and producer Wong Jing (王晶). Wong later casted him in the 2013 film Young and Dangerous: Reloaded <古惑仔:江湖新秩序> and then had him star in the 2015 comedy film The Gigolo <鴨王>, which was a commercial success in Hong Kong.

Dominic’s performance in The Gigolo pushed his popularity to new heights. Tabloid news reported that Dominic has earned at least $6 million RMB in the last four months, which mainly came from performing in various shows across Mainland China. According to these reports, Dominic is tied to earning at least 60,000 RMB per appearance.

But with rising popularity also comes crazier fans. The Gigolo actor said a lot his fans would get quite passionate when he would go on stage. One male fan also groped his bottom.

“I was in the middle of performing, but then suddenly I felt someone touching my butt,” recalled Dominic. “I turned around and saw a man smiling at me. After laughing for a bit, he ran back downstage and left. I am an actor. Not a gigolo.”

Though Dominic has found fame as an actor, the 27-year-old is not ready to let go of his singing dream. The former Bro5 member is said to be diligently recording his new single in between filming commitments.

The sequel to The Gigolo, The Gigolo 2 <鴨王2>, will be released on January 14.

Creds: Oncc

2. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Haha he's in a lot of those Cat 3 movies, he's in Lazy, Crazy and Hazy or however it's called. Didn't realize Gigolo was a comedy too :p

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Gigolo 2 isn't even a CAT3 film so it'll flop :boblaff:

4. :gfight::hellothar:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. crasianlee

Really, sad :p

6. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

its been upgraded to cat 3

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

The producer knows what brings in viewers like shinobi :shino:

9. crasianlee

Haha so is that guaranteed boobies :p Some cat 3's aren't that explicit at all. Wong def tries to make that $.