Editing plot in MR

Discussion in 'Heart of Greed II - 溏心風暴之家好月圓' started by hermidude, Sep 16, 2008.

1. hermidude

hermidude Well-Known Member

On and off, I felt that there are gaps in the plot...like jumping through the plot too fast. It became especially obvious in ep.33...Suddenly HUng Yi hired Kate....then Kate gets togther with Ah YUen and is pregnant....Suddenly we know of Kate'e pregnancy and the baby's father is Ah Ka....Aunt Ah SA knows it too....plot happens to fast....

Could have done a better job...otherwise, MR is a great series.

2. its because it's ending soon... TVB does this.. its called "rushing" :) they really wasted alot of time in between series...it seemed like the series paused for 10 episdoes (nothing was happening) hope the ending is good or else i'll be very disappointed..knowing the history of TVB endings it probably wouldn't be good ;)

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Yea, sometimes they rush theending abit too much in some series, it's really not a good idea to do so in the end especially when there seem to be so much explanation needed in some parts of the plot.

4. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

????!!!????? how u know its ah kas??....when did they "make love" hmmm must of missed that bit ......hmmmm

5. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

u wont know when they "made love" :p

6. ray89

ray89 Well-Known Member

well u can say its a rush but there r many ways to jump through time (weeks months years) in a drama/movie/opera etc. and they just did it the way they did cuz u cant show every day or week. like knowing that kate is a month or so pregnat they jumped a few weeks/month or more thats how these things work

7. x_iilee33

x_iilee33 Member

yeah everythings so rushed at the end. . .
    it was better than hog1 i guess because in hog, the beginning was REALLYY slow and then the end was rushed too

8. elainemomo

elainemomo Active Member

TVB is always like this, they open too many lines of story, then cant close it it properly...

During the last 10 episodes i feel the same Hermidude, every is rushed, within 10mins of screentime, Ka Mei, goes to work for Hung Yee, then meets Ah Yuen and then get married....look at their wedding, just a few pics to show its happened, didnt even bother to hold a wedding....

Too much plot on Ah Sum, should have closed her story ages ago, to either be with Dr Ling or Ah hoa...

9. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

35 eps of climax and 5 eps of ending

10. joeyfan

joeyfan Well-Known Member

^ LOL! but i really think taht tvb should really learn how NOT to open so many storylines and end up not being able to close any properly.. or at least they can't close most of the lines..

11. SanGai

SanGai Well-Known Member

Not only was the series rushed in the end, but the plot was so uneven. Some eps just dragged on and on, but then some where plot twists left and right. There was too much focus on Ah Chau/Ah Ho/Dr. Ling. Then in the last eps everything about them seemed to go around in circles.

I think the series could have used another ep or two, just to fill out Ah Yuet and Ah Ka's story.

12. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

i felt that moonlight didn't build suspense as heart of greed did but still a very nice series to watch.

13. inkblot

inkblot Member

yeh a few more episodes would have been ideal instead of just throwing stuff at us in the end just so we know whats the end result.