1. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

i thought it was pretty good..!!!..

but still tryna work out whos with who etc

but i likey it..=]

2. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

the history portion of it pissed me off!, there was no battle for the throne between brothers for KangXi emperor, that was only for Yong Zheng emperor (KangXi's son)

not much is known about Fok Quan (Kenneth) in actual history. Xiao Zhuang was an amazing empress/dowager going through 3 emperor eras

and the guy playing Oboi (O Bai) is not mean enough =(

In the introduction which said KangXi 25th year of something...during that time, KangXi was in war with Taiwan, not with his own brother

idk, it may have a good story but the history are so out of place

3. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

I'm just sick of TVB making queens and kings, and all those boring craps. TVB gotta make more mo-lam shits instead.

4. xaznxryux

and 2nd note, the phrases are also wrong...

when referring to a royal grandmother, its not "Wong Ma Ma", its "Wong Jo Mo"

5. tjsye2

tjsye2 Well-Known Member

I concur!! I want the mo-lam shits to come back!!

6. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Yea, it does seem that TVB is making more series about palaces and royal confidences. Missed those old mo-lam series.

Still, I think this series is pretty good so far.

7. moonlightshadow

moonlightshadow Well-Known Member

its been so long since TVB has done any MO-LAM stuff. I hope they do it again between the different tribes and guilds those were cool back in the days

8. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

wow guess i think its okies...coz i duno muchy chin history....?
    so i dun really compare it to whut actually did happen back then..?..

but yeshh i miss the 'mo lum' ones too....they did re-make one last year..

'grace on fire' [lui keung]..?...

9. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

that's not really mo lam ;s

unlike DRAGON SABRE AND HEAVENLY SWORD.... i want those kewl ones omgg

10. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

yeah the history part is just....and the fact they found Power Chan to be Kangxi just........sigh >.< and the grandma (Chin Ho Wai)....her voice...sigh. I watched a very awesome Chinese drama about Kangxi a long time ago and the actors in it are amazing. Now looking at TVB's, sigh, just bad.

and WTF is all the modern terms Steven Ma's been saying!? also all of a sudden he spoke in Mandarin! ("Zhao Zi Long") ....

11. xaznxryux

yeh i cant take this series seriously, not to mention i already hate Stephen Ma...

and I hate how they portray Xiao Zhuang as a manipulative, evil empress like CiXi, i mean dude, she helped laid the foundations of the Qing Dynasty

12. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Watched 3 episodes of it. Series cant seem to capture my attension though.. only the fighting scenes. Lol. Gunna give up on this.

8/1. Lives of Omission.

13. moonlightshadow

moonlightshadow Well-Known Member

Natalie doesnt act well. Is she main?

14. koogepanini

koogepanini Well-Known Member

^I think so. Sigh...

I just finished episode 1 and there is nothing that makes me want to watch more. The history portion of the story is a bit too fabricated.

Yah, I agree, TVB should start making the Wuxia series again.

15. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

omg Steven....they spoke in Mandarin AGAIN!? ...huo gai?! wtf i cant stand how he's trying to act young and youthful and funny.

and Natalie...holy cow she can't do ancient dramas! her speech just....just weird sounds weird. She and Kenneth are good in The Other Truth tho

16. chefbigal

chefbigal Active Member

i hate it when they go back and forth past then present. i dont know which is which and who is who