Eric Tsang entertainment business fails

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by candy10013, Dec 16, 2008.

1. candy10013

candy10013 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The media has received news that artistes under "Beijing Open brokers for the Performing Arts Co., Ltd.", the company which Hong Kong artiste Eric Tsang invested in, are terminating their contracts with the company. The company is rumored to be an empty shell now. Tsang denied this issue but says he is "still unsure of the details of the situation".

"Beijing Open brokers for the Performing Arts" company was set up in June 2004, with Tsang as the director. Artistes under this company include Michael Miu, Law Ka Ying, Lisa Wang, Lau Siu Fung and Leung Jing. According to informants, other than Lau and Leung, the rest of the artistes are just represented by the company. At present, Lau and Leung have terminated their contract with the company and are now working for other companies. However the company has requested for both parties to keep this confidential in case the matter gets blown out of proportion, bringing damage in the company's reputation.

When journalists seek verification with the company, their staff denied the rumor. However Lau's new company in Shanghai has confirmed that the former has signed on its company, but declined to comment on the status of his former company.

When Tsang was questioned about Lau changing to another company, he says, "There were rumors, but I've already sent out a release. There is no such matter." When told that the Shanghai Company has confirmed Lau's change, Tsang was stumped for a moment and said, "I am not very sure about this. There shouldn't be any problems. I'm currently in Hong Kong, so I'm not very sure about the details."

Tsang is a well-respected figure in the entertainment business, but has seldom shown great results in his investments. His restaurants and movie businesses were flops and his daughter Bowie Tsang's investment in Lehman Brothers Holdings, also reported great losses.

Source: Yahoo! News
    Credit: evodrift @ AF Forum