F(x) will continue on without Sulli

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by Phoenix, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

[​IMG]

SM Entertainment yesterday officially announced that Sulli will be leaving popular kpop girl group f(x).

The notice read : "After negotiating with Sulli, who is currently taking a break, about her future activities, we have decided to respect her wishes, and she'll be leaving f(x) and focusing on her acting."

f(x) will continue on with the four remaining members, Amber, Luna, Victoria and Krystal, focusing on their group and individual activities as before.

Fortunately Sulli will still be working under SM agency who will help to manage her acting career.

~~~

creds: naver

2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

This was rumored for many months now, it's finally confirmed. Sad to see members of groups leaving all around but she's doesn't play a major role in f(x) so it doesn't hurt them too much....

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Sulli tuned out a long time ago. Biggest blow will be Krystal IMO. Jessica leaving and Sulli leaving. I think the future of f(x) is up in the air right now, however each member could be successful going solo.

I thought Red Velvet was unique as a 4 member group, but they added Yeri. Now f(x) became 4. A lot of people see Red Velvet going to be the next f(x) in terms of music style, so we will have to see.

It just sucks though, you train together and suffer for so god damn long, and then you just leave. Pretty selfish in my opinion. Take note in Red Light promotion, it literally lasted like two weeks cause of Sulli.

Hope f(x)-1 will continue to promote as a group and not break up. I think this will depend on Krystal's decision to stay within SM or not.

4. EvilTofu

I just don't see f(x) staying together for long, SME had done very little to promo them as a group. Krystal is don't need SME anymore, she'll be fine going sole. That issue with her sister and SME could be the Achilles heel that make her leave. Victoria is doing extremely well in China, after her contract ends, she's probably going to leave. Luna can sing and has done well in musicals and Amber just had her own sole and seem like her career is stable for now.

Victoria and Krystal are my favorites..

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

On the bright side, Jessica's leave from SM might be the cleanest departure in a long time. There are two possible reasons. One, Jessica gave half her lifetime to SM. Two, Krystal. It was a rumour that Jessica would be leaving or taking a hiatus from SNSD sooner or later in the year, it's just that it was earlier than they expected. So I guess SM wants maintain a decent relationship with the Jungs to hope Krystal will stay.

Victoria is loyal to SM though. SM does not get in her way of promoting in China, and since f(x) aren't promoted heavily anyways, it wouldn't be a bad idea for her to stay as f(x). She gets to promote in China for like 10-11 months, then 1-2 months as an f(x) member once a year.

Luna as proven in Mask Singer, can go as a solo artist. I think she's preparing for her solo debut anyways.

6. EvilTofu

I'm just glad Jessica and SM were able to depart with very few issues, I'm sure there were some back door deals. Last thing they want is more lawsuits. SME lost my respect for awhile now, they don't handle rejection well...

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

As long as they don't mistreat RV, I'm all good :chichok:.

8. EvilTofu

RV is still a young group, they hadn't ask for much, so SM still have a lot of control of them, if they stay popular, in a few years things may change...:chow:

9. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

The meme is whenever shit goes down at SM, RV has a comeback.

To me, that's great. I get to see more of my baebys.

But I don't think anyone group right now has soshi potential. Maybe GFRIEND since they're choreo are one of the most synced in my opinion, and they got a good singer Eunji-like singer with Yuju which she also appeared in Mask Singer. Their debut was like soshi's debut in terms of theme, but they still got a long way to go. Out of all rookies debuted this year, they're at the top.

[​IMG]