Fala Chan as 甘詠慶

Discussion in 'Heart of Greed II - 溏心風暴之家好月圓' started by love_of_tvb, Aug 1, 2008.

1. love_of_tvb

love_of_tvb Well-Known Member

(from TVB.com, translated by love_of_tvb)
    Custody: Hoh Ma

She is the second daughter of Hoh Ma. When she was a little girl, she had an operation on throat, injuring her sound line and causing her to become mute. She had to learn to communicate via sign language. Luckily, with the support and courage from her family, she did not have to attend a special education school, and could go to school just as any child would. She has the best grades and highest education on Hoh Ma's side. But, she didn't take the chance to go to college, and instead helped at Hoh Ma's bakery. However, Ah Ho, the "man in charge" constantly urged her in getting a job outside of the bakery, which finally worked.

She felt that she did not have the ability to do as well as the others. Luckily, her boss, Ah Lok helped her, making her love her job. Later, she had feelings for Ah Lok.

After they started to date, Ah Lok and she could only communicate by sign language and writing on paper. When they got to the stage of marriage, Ah Lok's family greatly rejected her for she was mute. This, made their relationship to be in great danger.

#1 love_of_tvb, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  2. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

she is really great! i really like her acting, especially when shes mute since her cantonese isnt that fluent lmao...
    the scene with raymond on the interview was really touching...

3. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

yh i started crying at that bit sniff sniff

4. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

I like it coz she's mute

5. lovinglyxx

lovinglyxx Well-Known Member

i didnt like her much in HOG, but i think this character does her good.. she;s a mute = sympathy

6. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

Being a mute gets the sympathy card and we don't have to hear Fala scream too much. Makes her character more appealing to watch now. And in episode 4 with Raymond at the interview was a very touching scene. It's only going to get better from here.

7. love_of_tvb

i kind of feel bad for her that she's mute. but, the love storyline of Ah Lok and her should be interesting.

8. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

I think she's doing just lovely with this role.. actually almost made me cry in the scene with Raymond, but of course I never cry for things I watch :p But I must agree with some of you, she's better mute. lol

9. her character is sweet how she wanted to stay to make cookies with her mom instead of being a OL.

like other said fala is better off mute because i hate her chinese... has a strong english accent still.

10. sams12345

sams12345 Well-Known Member

her acting is improving

11. bobbylee

bobbylee Well-Known Member

but doesn't she do the spoken part(translation when she's using sign language) as well? or does someone else do that?

12. jazlynnyee

jazlynnyee Fantabulous!!!

lol...now everyone likes her coz she's mute!!!

13. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

im kinda glad they made fala mute, cuz her canto is so bad :p

14. love_of_tvb

i feel bad that she's mute. when she dubbed, her voice was so soft. but at least her family treats her like a normal person.

15. TRUEXDREAMS

TRUEXDREAMS Well-Known Member

Fala Chen did so well playing the character.

16. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

Lol dammit, well at least shes got an interesting char, lol pretty funny, with the sign language coz no one else could understand !

17. datofman

datofman Member

i like fala playing younger roles... shows her cuteness.. and the mute.. well it's well done!

18. michelle7879

michelle7879 Well-Known Member

up to now.. episode 11, she play the role quite good.. but, stil dun come to her love story yet..i think so, should be nice and interesting too.. and she got touching scene too..

[​IMG]

19. freeminded

freeminded Well-Known Member

I think she does the role better as a mute than see her talk. I will rather she get an award for this character than that annoying character in steps

20. Weberley333

Weberley333 Member

Fala does a really good job with her sign languange