Fala Chen still waiting for the right Hong Kong project

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Jul 2, 2022.

1. [​IMG]

Fala Chen recently revealed that she really does have an interest to return to Hong Kong and make another movie, but hasn't found anything that she likes.

As reported on Mingpao, in a recent interview to promote her new miniseries, "Irma Vep", the actress stated that she has been waiting for the right script for her Hong Kong comeback.

"I haven't found a suitable one. At present, most of the productions in Hong Kong are police and gangster films with male actors. But I am really looking forward to returning to Hong Kong," she said.

She also admitted that she had to decline several other offers following her performance in "Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings", as most of them were similar to her role in the said Marvel superhero movie.

"Many want me to play a mother of a Chinese child, but I want different challenges. I don't want to play these roles just because I'm Chinese," she said.

Fala's last Hong Kong project was starring in the 2017 comedy adventure, "The Treasure".

credits: yahoo

2. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Nah I really doubt she'll come back...Though I do have to agree with her on most of the HK movies are like that...the big production ones at least.

3. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

Not to be rude or anything but at her age and nationality, chinese mother is the only choice to be honest. I mean are you able to play a mother of a black family? Can you be a daughter of Erica Chen? It has to make sense in a sense. Anyways I wonder what is Michelle yip doing nowadays

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, but at 40 years old, I don't think she should be that picky. She has to understand that as she ages, there's a clock on her looks and roles aren't going to keep coming, especially since the panache of her Marvel performance will fade with time. What she needs is to get on American television and not worry so much about any 'HK comeback' at all. The fact is, if she's a big star in western media, she can pick and choose to act in Asian media at the drop of a hat. But once her western exposure cools, she would find it much harder to break back onto a western stage.

• Agree Agree x 1