Fala Chen's inability to speak

Discussion in 'Heart of Greed II - 溏心風暴之家好月圓' started by TRUEXDREAMS, Aug 13, 2008.

1. TRUEXDREAMS

TRUEXDREAMS Well-Known Member

After watching a few episodes of Heart of Greed 2, Moonlight Resonance, I thought Fala Chen did a pretty good job in playing her character with the inability to speak. In "Steps", I didn't like her character and in "Catch Me Now", I thought her character was pretty lame. But in this serie, she plays such an appealing character.

Her character being the one that has to do sign language made me realize how hard it is for people that are disabled. I cried and teared while watching her explain her situation and the only person realizing her pain and understanding was her brother.

And her innocense matches her character so well.
    What do you guys think of her playing the character who is disabled & was it a interesting and touching part of the serie to have such a character?

2. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol yer , its pretty sad, yet she did a good job, lol it shows how hard, it is for people who cant speak, when they ask directions and etc, like when she fell over, she couldnt tell them or anything

3. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

especially u cannot use your mobile phone : (
    HK without mobile phone is like .... dunno... xD i coulndt live without it...
    i get around 20 calls a day when im in HK...

4. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol, and it would suck, lol tapping the phone and etc,
    life is pretty hard for her , lol , but even though people try and treat her normally,
    she feels weird :p

5. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ Well-Known Member

do anyone know why that made her a mute?

6. TRUEXDREAMS

TRUEXDREAMS Well-Known Member

Especially when it comes to the fact that you want to speak but you can't and even when you have that mobile phone, all you can do is tap. And it sucks when it comes to the fact where its not a yes or no question and you have to disconnect and then text it.

And =*(
    when you need to ask everyday questions by taking a pen and paper out just to do these everyday simple things.

7. myLisa

myLisa Member

I like that Fala Chen whos so innocent plays this mute character

8. tvb_addict2008

tvb_addict2008 Active Member

yeah, i was wondering the same thing about why they would need a mute character in the show and why they picked fala chen? does that say anything about how tvb views fala as an actress?

9. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

I think she was born a mute coz I couldn't hear her speak in the flash backs

10. crazyalex4u

crazyalex4u Active Member

She isn't mute when she was born. Ho ma have say she was very scared when she was in the hospital. Think that she was sick when she was very young.

11. hannah666

hannah666 Well-Known Member

i think that her character is very cool because i have always wanted to learn ASL

12. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

What's ASL?

Asian Sign Language?

13. AWhite

AWhite Active Member

i actually thought she did a pretty good job as a mute girl.

14. hannah666

hannah666 Well-Known Member

close but it american i live in the US

15. lawplanet

lawplanet Well-Known Member

fala is so hot..
    i want a gf like that.... except the mute part.

16. jklee369

jklee369 Well-Known Member

Great acting on her, suit her playing the innocent type as oppose to the annoying character (That Dance Series)

17. zeewee

zeewee Well-Known Member

I think it's really cool that MR wrote her character as a mute girl and made Fala do sign language. It seems like they're exposing a lot of characters with different disabilities (Speech of Silence comes to mind). Her role really brought to light how useful it'd be for people to pick up sign language and, according to my friend, it's not too hard to learn. I am really interested in learning it now.

18. Cheyanna

Cheyanna Well-Known Member

Fala did a wonderful job in acting this role and learning the sign languages. I agree with zeewee, after watching fala in this series it makes me want to learn sign language too.

19. nick5338

nick5338 Member

i didnt really like her acting in the other series she starred in but this time she seems okay :) probably cuz her speaking needs some improvments

20. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

MR shows the difficultues that a person who can't speak has to endure everyday, for their entire life. Her acting is pretty good for this kind of role.