Far Cry 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by hongkongboy, Oct 27, 2008.

1. hongkongboy

hongkongboy Well-Known Member

right to start off here my rig

Asus Mobo P5N-D 750i SLi
    Quad Q9550 2.8Ghz
    4 Ram RAM
    9800 GTX+
    XP

playing in 1600x900 ultra high settings

the game runs fine but for some reason FarCry2 keeps crashes randomly, i've google this problem and it seems many ppl have had this i was wonder if any can solve this or have encounter this

Note: i have updated everything

2. Maybe just buggy at the mo

3. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

sounds like the develoeprs need to develop a path to fix some "bugs"

4. Jackiemahass

Jackiemahass Member

Using the motherboard might have problem, Nvidia chipset motherboard is not that stable. I tried it b4, it always over heat!!!

5. aZn-BoNnEr

aZn-BoNnEr Well-Known Member

1) is that a crack verison or retail copy?
    2) update ur video drives and etc.
    3) maybe ur computer is crap cant play LMAO.

I play fine and works great on my window vista and i only geforce 8800 with Core Duo

6. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

The best solution would be to uninstall it. Not really worth playing a game that crashes a lot.

7. cyitling

cyitling Member

i had some problems with it as well... i am playing using just the retail version.. then i noticed problems only started when i updated my nvidia video driver to the latest one.. which ironically is supposed to help increase performance.. causes lots of graphics issues.. when i rollback the driver.. everything is solved...

8. Raiyne324

Raiyne324 Well-Known Member

zzz can't play it becuz it laggs like hell
    ________
    Yamaha FZR400

#8 Raiyne324, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  9. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

who cares, this game is complete crap, i rented it for PS3 and was totally disappointed.

They advertised it as an open ended kind style of gameplay like GTA but set in africa, but then i played it and was like "what the fuck.. gotta drive like 15 minutes to get to a single 20 second mission where i kill one dude"

total waste of my time, id probably rate it as one of the poorest quality games iv ever played, regardless of the nice graphics.