Final Fantasy on wii and 360?

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Kachi_no_Kemuri, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Kachi_no_Kemuri

Kachi_no_Kemuri Well-Known Member

Im not quite sure if my sister's friend's resources are correct but i heard that FF is signing off Sony and shifting their famous franchise series onto the 360 and wii. Is this true?

Gosh, makes me wanna get a wii and 360 even more....-sweat

2. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I don't think so and I hope it's not true. I've always been a sony fan.

3. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

Their are rumors about ff going multiplatform...but i highly doubt it. And sony sure as well better damn do watever it takes to keep square-enix on their side..besides the xbox360 install base in japan is non exsistant....

4. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

Its true I read about it somewhere a long time ago. Neways the have Final Fantasy 11 online for 360

5. Logy

Logy Well-Known Member

I cant see it happening unless u count spinoffs, ones not powerful enough and the other one's not popular enough

6. Kqc84

Kqc84 Well-Known Member

it's most likely not true. what's probably gonna happen is that there will be 3 different stories. the original FF13 on PS3, the FF: Crystal Chronicles sequel + another FF based on the FF13 crystal -based story, and another variant on 360. the wii version will look the worse of all. the 360 will have less videos.

7. hoyummi

hoyummi Member

I've heard that Square-enix is planning to or has broken off from Sony.

Something cause like, since the PS3 will cost a lot, $1000 AUD, not many people will be able to afford it and therefore Square-enix won't sell enough game titles.

8. thatboymikey

thatboymikey Well-Known Member

hrm i am a sony fan too. i don't want to see the final fantasy franchise jump to another systm

9. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I doubt that's true. Sony wouldn't give the FF series up so easily. Its one of the few things still keeping the PS3 alive. But if it is true it means more good games for me :D!!!!

10. loztxoul

loztxoul Well-Known Member

i hope that aint' gonna happen for forreal!!! FF is well known amongest SONY products

11. ivan83sg

ivan83sg Member

Final fantasy series only on ps3 and wii

Nope they announced that ps3 and wii will have final fantasy games. I am not suprised since 360 is a pure shooter console. I have put my 360 on ebay and bought a ps3

12. wats_blue

wats_blue Well-Known Member

my bro said something about FF going to 360 sometime ago....

it would be cool if it was on wii...could do all those moves with the controls lol

13. heero884

heero884 Active Member

But the first 6 Final Fantasy games were on Nintendo systems :p

Square made a Final Fantasy game for the NDS so I would imagine it would just be a matter of time before Final Fantasy becomes multi-platform.

14. SanGai

SanGai Well-Known Member

I can see Square-Enix jumping ship, but at the same time I can't. The PS3 does not look promising right now. But I doubt, the new installments of the main FF series will show up on the Wii. FFs have pretty traditional turn-based RPGs, which aren't revolutionary and Nintendo's trying to do new things with their Wii games. As for the 360, it just doesn't have the Japanese fanbase, though that could quickly change if SE jumped ship. Then you have to consider the FF7 video/demo SE prepared for the PS3, which is a pretty good sign that they're sticking with Sony.
    So the situation I see is this: the main series will be exclusively PS3, while spin-offs will be available for Wii, DS, basically whatever SE feels like developing for.

15. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

nintendo no doubt... 360, no way

16. doubleblanks

doubleblanks Well-Known Member

I dont see why not for nintendo, I mean there are ties with nintendo and square has already done some stuff with them already, also currently Nintendo is scoring big with the wii and if square can get anything from it, it could benefit them

17. sean222

sean222 Well-Known Member

it could be true, becuz crystal chronicles was for the GC, and FF2 on DS....so it wont have mainstream FF games like FF13 for 360...but they'll comes out with others

18. dxrk

dxrk Member

*GASP* I hope not. Life long Final Fantasy Fan (Yes, that's right people, and I'm an FFF). If they are though, I

hope they're going with Nintendo. Back to where they came from. Waiting for Final Fantasy XIII. PS3.

19. cignalc

cignalc Active Member

i think square-enix is making games for all kind of consoles now.
    just go to their official web and check it out

20. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

I actually heard that Final Fantasy will be multi-platform.