Food 911

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by negiqboyz, Nov 23, 2010.

1. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

I wanna cook peppercorn crab for Thanksgiving but I don't know how to kill the crab. Can't boil cuz it gotta be deep fried but I can't fry it directly without cleaning it but can't clean if it's ALIVE ... what's the best way to kill it and preserve the taste. Thx!

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

break the legs,, knock it out?

3. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

Most humane thing to kill it is to (apparently) freeze it.

Once frozen and dead, just start cleaning it with an old toothbrush or sometthing

4. negiqboyz

nah .. i'll kill with a screwdriver and wash it .. then break it up and deep fry it .. that's the plan now. thx ya'll ..

5. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

you can either break the crawls off first or put them in ice water. I would break the crawls and sometimes I would chop off the other legs, scrub the outside and open the shell and clean it like that, takeout those lungs/guts, leave the yellow/orange stuff (that's the good part). Than cut it in half or leave it whole. I stir fry it with ginger/green onion(scallion) usually.

If it's soft shell crabs, just use a toothbrush and scrub the outside well.

6. ch3nstar

ch3nstar Member

First, I put the crabs in a bucket of water. Then, I use a chopstick to make the crab grab it so, i can rip the claws off and wash the crab an open it up.

7. negiqboyz

Here are the pic of the final products .. lol

I bought 10 crabs but messed up 2/3 of it ... lol .. so I ended up making some yam fries to fill up the plate...lol My wife made better dishes but I didn't take any pic of that .. it was my first time cooking crab; thus took some .. lol Scary experience ..

Attached Files: