Foodies

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by smartangel, Nov 22, 2010.

1. smartangel

smartangel Well-Known Member

hey all:

I am working on a project that related to foodie and i need to do a survey with them; unfortunately, i do not know anyone who is foodie. so if you consider yourself as foodie, please help me out by answering following question:

1) Age
    2) Gender
    3) Lifestyle do you consider yourself associated with?
    4) Do you cook/eat/serve others for pleasure?
    5) Do you shop for family meals?
    6) Think back to your childhood, what experiences do you associate cooking/eating/serving others?
    7) Why is eating/cooking more than simply providing nutrition to live?

8) Please explain what feelings/experiences you associate with preparing food…
    a. For yourself
    b. For others
    a. Family
    b. Romantic
    c. Other

9) Take us through making a meal. Begin at planning from your home, to the store and through the end of eating the meal.
    c. What parts of the grocery store do you use/frequent?
    d. Do you have any specific shopping routines?
    e. How long does each routine/entire trip take?
    f. Do you make a shopping list?

10) What advertisements are most readily memorable?
    11) What advertisements have spoken to you on a deeper level?
    12) What food related advertisements have been memorable?​

Thank you for all that chooses to participate! Your input is greatly appreciated!

2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Not sure if you still need it but I did it for fun anyway, hope to see the other PAers' response. -lol

1) Age

2) Gender
    Male

Laidback

Cook and eat yeah

I dont get the question, so I'll say yes

6) Think back to your childhood, what experiences do you associate cooking/eating/serving others?
    During CNY, we have Chaozhou Goose and Kueh made by a relative, it is simply the BEST

Enjoyment, the taste, coming together of friends/family

a. For yourself
    - simple, easy, taste good, fulfilling
    b. For others - dont over cook, over put salt etc.
    a. Family - ^
    b. Romantic - something that doesnt require too much effort to eat eg. lobsters
    c. Other n/a

9) Take us through making a meal. Begin at planning from your home, to the store and through the end of eating the meal.
    c. What parts of the grocery store do you use/frequent?
    bakery,meat,drinks,desert
    d. Do you have any specific shopping routines? get the heaviest last (if using hand basket), use a shopping list if i have a few thigns to buy
    e. How long does each routine/entire trip take? - 10-20mins?
    f. Do you make a shopping list? - if i have that much things to buy

10) What advertisements are most readily memorable? - Toohey tongue ad (push me....and then just touch me....till i can get my....satisfaction...SATISFACTION)

11) What advertisements have spoken to you on a deeper level?
    Learnt some stuff from my marketing units, subliminal msg etc.

12) What food related advertisements have been memorable?
    Saltana Bran - 'Please Miss, Im running out of breakfast' (Boy deflates himself)

3. smartangel

smartangel Well-Known Member

Yes, I still need people' response until this thursday (Nov 2).

I mean question of this survey is writing by my team member (I have no clue how they structure the survey), therefore while you guys fill this survey, if there is question that you don't know how to answer, feel free to abandon it (or put N/A)

just answer as much as you can.

To mr_ evolution:
    Your reponse is very helpful for my project....... I am really really appreciate your effort. Once again, thank you very much.

#3 smartangel, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

hey, i'll give it a go lol, hope it helps :wiggle:

1) Age

2) Gender
    female

normal one?

yea for all three

sometimes yeh, either alone or i'll go with a member of my family or a friend thats staying for a meal

when i was small, my granma(mah mah )made me my first ever 'chinese pizza' dont actually know the proper english name for it but i call it that cos of its appearance lol... yummy (Y)
    on the other hand, my other granma (por por) makes the nicest chicken curry ever, always makes it when we come over for dinner..
    also, whenever its our birthday, since small, lobster and hotpot will always be on the menu lol

eating, u can expand your 'palate', can try new things to eat
    cooking, again trying out recipes and learning how to cook will help u build the 'skills' u need when u move out or have to cook for yourself/others...

also, as evo mentioned already, it does bring family/friends together no matter the occasion and enjoyment
    can be a form of pleasure and stress relieving - comfort eating

a. For yourself try make sure that its quick and easy to make, and that it will fill me up
    b. For others i will try to make sure it suits everyone's taste, and try make it 'perfect' and to not overseason foods because of health - sugar/salt etc
    a. Family same as above
    b. Romantic same as above, but probably cook my partner's favourite dish, incl dessert
    c. Other will try to cook something to suit their taste

c. What parts of the grocery store do you use/frequent? fruit&veg, bakery, dairy, poultry, dessert, and then dry section for snacks and munchies, last but not least, drinks - mainly juices part
    d. Do you have any specific shopping routines?i normally make my way through the start of the store, and work through the different aisles and sections and then leaving the milk and drinks last to pick up.
    e. How long does each routine/entire trip take?it depends' if its a quick trip, then 10-15mins with a basket, but if i've got the trolley then about 20-30mins- maybe longer depending on the amount of stuff i have to get
    f. Do you make a shopping list? sometime, but depends on the amount of stuff i need

10) What advertisements are most readily memorable? ones that have a catchy jingle or melody etc or a short catchphrase

11) What advertisements have spoken to you on a deeper level?n/a

12) What food related advertisements have been memorable? cereal adverts with jingles, eg frosties..its gggggreat, coco pops....I'd rather have a bowl of coco pops....