Free Tibet? In your dreams

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by drsnoopy, Mar 20, 2008.

?

Would you like to free Tibet from China?

1. No, Tibet is part of China

66 vote(s)
    77.6%
  2. Yes

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. drsnoopy

drsnoopy Well-Known Member

Tibet is part of China, without question and if anybody says otherwise, you're obviously sadly mistaken. There has been relative calms since the last uprising 50 years ago from those rogues who want to declare Tibet its own country.

What's really pissing me off is the Dalai Lama, who should be locked up or not be allowed to talk. Now it doesn't matter what you think you know, here's the fact. He was "chosen" at age 5 and brought up with the idea that he's some reincarnation of the last lama. Now is this normal? No.

He's masquerading as a spiritual religious leader, while in fact he's REALLY thinking he's the king of tibet. THIS is one of the reasons that this trouble-maker was exiled from China in the first place. Because this psycho wanted to start an uprising.

In fact, he's the reason for the current riots in China. He's the one organizing all these temporary riots all in the name of power that he believes that he deserves. Threatening to quit as Tibet's spiritual advisor is an empty threat -- because we all know that you can't just stop.

Do you also know why that he's organizing another uprising? It's because of the olympics in beijing. He's trying to disrupt it.

Sure there may be some human rights violations in China, but to stop this crazy bald psychopath from ripping off a piece of northwestern china I believe is worth it.

2. Myer

Myer Well-Known Member

How can you know? To my knowledge there is no proof that the Dalai Lama is the "mastermind" behind these riots. You sound like you were a member of the Chinese Communist Party.

There must be some reason why the Tibetans are so upset now. As far as i know the Chinese didn't treat the Tibetans that well.

I wouldn't trust only the Chinese media since there is no free press in China.

3. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

personally my view is whatever the people want

4. drsnoopy

drsnoopy Well-Known Member

Rest asured, I'm totally not a communist - but I can smell a rat from miles away. Sure, I know that to trust the Chinese Media is like trusting a fat kid to hold your ice cream.

The reason why some tibetians are upset right now, is because their leader has told them that if you get more world attention to free tibet, then it will happen. This of course is not a direct quote, but that's the jist of it.

5. bbes

bbes Incredible

well the dalai lama says that he is gonna resign if the violence continues cos he does want to make Tibet independent but through peaceful ways. anyway i doubt the violence is gonna stop anytime soon. they are rioting for independence anyway not bcos of the dalai lama, he just encouraged them and gave them the opportunity to do what they are doing now. oh well the violence will stop sometime but for sure i doubt china will let Tibet be independent.

6. karsun118

karsun118 Well-Known Member

Tibet is starting an uprising primarily because it's close to the Olympics and what better way to make an international statement than near and international event?

In my honest opinion, Tibet has the freedom to choose to be independent. Do I believe they deserve independence? No. Tibet is part of China as much as California is a part of the United States. I don't see why Taiwan and Tibet both want independence as China climbs in the world's favor. In the end China's success will only benefit both territories if they seek to co-exist.

7. Kachi_no_Kemuri

Kachi_no_Kemuri Well-Known Member

Tibet has always been part of China. The reason why they claim it as independence is because of the English invasion into China which forced Tibet to seperate from the motherland. Just like HK. Now, China wnats to take back tibet they are denying their own damn roots like the chinese in taiwan.

The uprising of Tibet is further forcing the international community to bully China even more given the so called "Darfur Issue".

With the Dalai Lama there has been conspiracies which involves the CIA and the White House paying the Dalai as a backhand man to do their bidding in order to cause instability in China and attempts to takeover the nation.

Another thing to pin point is that the rioting is caused by no other than the trouble makers themselves. The police exercised necessarily force to downplay the violence if not then sooner or later a state of emergency rising. However western media believes the Chinese government saying that they are the ones who are source of the rioting AND they are the one who are killing the people who are rioting (which in turn creates a contradictory statement) .

The funny fact is, DEATHS do occur through rioting, blaming the government just shows how ignorant the media can really be and how other nations want to oppress the uprising of China. I mean sometimes when you see riots do you blame the government or the people?

As you all the know the rioting is correlated with the beijing olympics. It is tuning the sport into a goddam political statement.

Here's a youtube link [youtube]uSQnK5FcKas[/youtube]

8. Tiger King

Tiger King Well-Known Member

I am wanting to side with China, but until I REALLY read up on both sides of the story, I will only remain neutral. And I think the way things are wiht censorship and propaganda, I will continue to stay neutral

9. lovelysky

lovelysky Member

Tibet is part of China

10. lovelysky

lovelysky Member

sorry...我投错票....

11. bbes

bbes Incredible

well said Kachi_no_Kemuri. completely agree.

12. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

The interesting thing about this "Tibet has always a part of China" Tirade is that it blatantly ignores history. First a disclaimer: I am Chinese. I love China and the Chinese people. I hate the Chinese governments (both of them, but Beijing more so than Taiwan, if that matters). For those of you that were born after the cultural revolution, you don't know what you missed. The Chinese government's track record is pretty dismal. Rather than taking this as an affront to all things Chinese, look and read about the promises that Mao made to the Tibetans during the Long March (the greatest retreat in history) and then look at what is being stated now.

The Chinese gov is even using photoshopped maps supposedly from previous dynasties to support their claims. That may fool the casual observer, but not to someone who has studied history. Considering that during the Tang Dynasty, the Tarim Basin was the stage for many a Tibet vs Tang conflict (with China losing it's capital briefly during the An Shi rebellion), and later, both China and Tibet being conquered and held by the Mongol empire, a Chinese claim today that "Tibet has always been a part of China" is purely political posturing that falls before the face of historic facts.

And what's so ironically funny about this is that China has been forever harping over Japanese nationalism revisionist efforts.

Oh, and BTW, BBC news obtained a tape of that appeared to show Chinese government troops shooting unarmed civilians and then having their spokesman deny it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPNQHq5-XTQ&feature=related

This happened last year, but is emblematic of the kind of criticism leveled at the Chinese government for their heavy handedness. And just one final word in closing; most people don't realize that there are regular average Joe Tibetans who are not monks. While the religious orders in Tibet favor peaceful resolutions, there has been building resentment by regular Tibetans to no longer turn the other cheek. China may find itself with it's own Afghanistan in a few years. With a hotbed of Muslim discontent on its western borders and a province forcibly held in its south, China needs to learn what the Brits did in Northern Ireland; that is, when people don't want you in their lives, they will eventually rid themselves of you. It will be interesting to see how much blood China is willing to spill on both sides before it realizes this.

Ralph

#12 ralphrepo, Mar 28, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  13. clevergurl55

clevergurl55 Well-Known Member

I completely agree. another thing to add, what value does tibet have to had to china? what's so good about tibet that its not worth letting go off? ( this doesn't mean I support free tibet but I'm just wondeirng about this)

14. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

You sound like you've fallen for the Communist propaganda. Most of the stories about the Dalai Lama being the cause for the riots have come from Chinese media. You need to not only question the Western media, but the media coming from China as well.

@The comment about the CIA. That sounds like plain conspiracy bullshit. A claim like that needs solid proof or else it's just another worthless piece of information.

My stance on this is still currently undecided. But I encourage everyone to put their Chinese pride aside and make and educated opinion about this issue.

15. bbes

bbes Incredible

From what i can gather, the Dalai Lama took the opportunity of the olympics to try to make Tibet independent. However, what started out as a peaceful protest has escalated with the Tibetans getting quite violent. The only way for China to stop this riot is to be heavy handed othewise it will just keep going on and tbh ralphrepo u seem to be shrouded as u say that NI is away from Britain but the fact of the matter is it is still part of the UK and is not what i would say fully independent. Also, Tibet benefits from China anyway so having them is beneficial, its just like with every place they want to be independent, and what makes them a seperate country. They are practically in China, by letting them become independent is like letting a state of America become independent. and furthermore, u say that the Chinese are shooting innocent civilians, well the riots there have also been Tibetans who have also killed innocent civilians too.

16. AzNrEbEl

AzNrEbEl Well-Known Member

Sports should never be mixed with polictics

17. bbes

bbes Incredible

agreed, totally think its out of order how ppl are trying to mix the two.

18. Scaly

Scaly Member

HK was given back not CONQUERED.

Things never seems to end to well when done by military force.

19. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Lest we forget, the Chinese PLA is not sworn to protect the Chinese people but rather the Chinese communist party. That's right sports fans, the mighty PLA is not there to protect the interests of China or its people, but the Communist party above all else. That's why they killed so many Chinese in Beijing back in in 89. Heavy handedness is something that the Beijing government does really well. What it does very badly is public opinion, and the Tibetans have already won the public opinion battle. Much like the students did in Beijing, the protesters et al, picked a politically vulnerable time for the PRC to highlight their disaffection for their Chinese overseers. And why not? That's politics. And if they can give the Chinese government a public relations black eye? Then what of it? The Tibetans don't have troops or guns, so the ONLY weapon they have is public opinion. Of course China realizes this, but their reportedly fabricated rebuttals and staged "victimization" at the hands of "violent Tibetans" has been ineffectively inept as well as politically amateur.

On the other hand, such reports and Chinese claims of "Tibetans killing Chinese soldiers" may actually embolden other Tibetans to do the same thing, that is, openly and violently revolt.

And BBES, you're comparing apples and oranges. Your allusion that a state in the US can never declare independence dramatically illustrates how easily you ignore or disregard history. Robert E. Lee and his confederate cohorts would beg to differ. The United States lost more men to its Civil War than to both World Wars combined. And there are current political bodies in the Hawaiian Islands who openly call for the resumption of the Hawaiian Kingdom and severence of ties to the US.

Ironically, your comment that Tibet "benefits from China" sounds incredibly similar to what the Japanese tried to sell to the Chinese with their Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere during the years preceding their open invasion of China. And similar to Manchukuo vis a vis war years Japan, Tibet is only a part of China right now because there is an overwhelming Chinese military occupation force there. Further, reviewing your "states" analogy, I know of no US State that currently requires thousands of US troops to keep the citizens there from open rebellion. That very obviously is not so in China. It's a political farce of the highest order that a nation must militarily occupy territory that it considers within its national boundaries.

And a note about politics and the Olympics, if China didn't want the politics, then they should have declined the IOC offer to host the games. Countries choose to host games because it gives them political good will. But it can be a double edged sword. And so far as the games are concerned, they have been heavily politicized since Jesse Owen won in Berlin. And if you think Tibet is bad news for Beijing, just wait until the games start. I'm betting every malcontent and bumpkin with a grip will be in Beijing talking it up to foreign reporters. Factory slaves, Falun Gong, illegal human organ harvesting; you name it. The Chinese secret police are going to rake in the overtime.

Ralph

#19 ralphrepo, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  20. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

regardless of what the people want the Communist Party aint gonna give it. Its a sad situation for all