G.O.D's Park Jun Hyeong cast a new Dragonball movie

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by shinobi, Dec 17, 2007.

1. [​IMG]
    Monday December 17, 2007 Korea

Park Joon-hyung of G.O.D fame will be part of the big budget Hollywood adaption of the super popular Japanese based manga Dragonball.

Joon Park as he is called in the U.S., will play bad boy Yamcha, a thief turned Z fighter. Also, Emmy Rossum recently signed up to play Bulma, a scientist and inventor whose father’s Dragon Ball is stolen by the villain, Piccolo. And Eriko Tamura, the popular Japanese actress who depicted Yaeko in popular TV series Heroes, will play the character of Mai.

The cast also includes Justin Chatwin, James Marsters and Jamie Chung.

Park Joon-hyung also has a part of the upcoming movie with fellow Korean singer, Rain, in Speed Racer (2008) where he plays a Yakuza driver.

credits: popseoul.

#1 shinobi, Dec 17, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  2. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Seems like DG are recruiting some heavy hitters.

3. drsnoopy

drsnoopy Well-Known Member

Emmy Rossum....as Bulma? I don't know...why don't they just another anime movie.... none of this live action stuff. But i agree with wind2000, it does look like some heavy hitters are being recruited...except for the lead playing Goku...really, everyone should be asian. Except for whoever plays Hercule.

4. waistui

waistui Member

lol true to that.........lol i can;t wait till it comes out..........lol DBZ brings back the good old days lol......just fighting and resolving our problems

5. Jerjai

Jerjai Well-Known Member

the cast is so varied, i don't think they will do a good job with a live-action movie such as dragon ball, most live-action flop

6. ywyeap

ywyeap New Member

totally agree with you there...they should just make another 'movie-version' but not the live-action one..well, let's just wait and see how it goes..

7. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

Hmmm such a messy match for their role... Lets hope they live up to the expectation

8. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

all these diverse asian celebrities being recruited for the minor roles lols...but Emmy Rossum is hot...

9. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

This is a "dragon ball movie" not a dragon ball "Z" movie so i personally dont think yamcha is that buff. There will be no super saiyan or what so ever in the film so is not really a good film to watch.
    -dead

10. drsnoopy

drsnoopy Well-Known Member

this will be the biggest disaster since...well...let's just say this will become the gigli of cartoon adaptations.