Gigi Lai [黎姿] as Wong Ching Ying [黃晶瑩] in The Ultimate Crime Fighter 通天幹探

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Crime Fighter - 通天幹探' started by SUSIE-DANG-1988, Oct 14, 2007.

1. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

[​IMG]

'In the series, Gigi will be playing a fashion designer. Unlike her previous roles, this time Gigi's character will be outwardly plain and have verbal dyspraxia, or difficulty in pronuncing sounds or words in her speech. Despite this, her character will also be pursuing Moses Chan.'

lol, gigi's character here is abit different from all the other series i've seen her in. But thats a good thing. Really wanna see the pairing of her and moese. hehehe.

2. evilangle

evilangle Member

Wow, I think tis will be the first time that I've seen her act such a character...but I thought she goes out with Kevin?

3. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

They probably gave her an invisalign retainer to modify her speech. Her character is funny. Her acting for it is pretty good too.

I just find it lame how TVB copied Ugly Betty.

4. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

her acting is really good.... shes cute :)
    she speaks so funny.... =)

5. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

really.....i think she's better in War & Destiny.....isn't she acting the same in Life Art? looks the same.

6. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

"Ugly Betty" TVB copying again...sigh....Dont like her now....Hope i will like her character soon...

7. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

she looks so cute in this series. haha

8. Flookeet

Flookeet Member

Why does she play a nerdy role, when see always plays a sexy role.

9. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

By playing different roles and being able to do them well makes them good actors and actresses.

It's interesting to see her play this role because if she doesn't try to look ugly, she's still very pretty. For example, if she just stood there and didn't talk she would still look quite pretty albeit the horrible style in clothing. Her face doesn't have any make-up to make her look ugly or show pimples. She tries to be "ugly" by speaking with a slur and not doing actions with confidence (i.e. in the intro song, you see her learning to skate and she looks really embarrasing).

10. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

yeah~~and when she cries, it doesn't look ugly at all~~i think they should find Angela Tong to play this role, but i guess afterall, Gigi Lai is like the daughter of TVB...

11. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

hahaha. ugly betty. lol. well to be honest gigi doesn't look THAT ugly. xD
    but yeh.. she's really good.

12. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

Gigi is great and for her to speak that way is alway amazing. She's proven herself. Taking roles out of character shows their level.

13. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

lol I will concentrate so hard to see if there's saliva dripping when she tried to talk! She actually reminds me of Michael tse in Legal entanglement..

I'm anticipating her to get back to normal and see how everybody is impressed by her new appearance...

14. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

gigi's teeth and how she stutters is so cute!!!

15. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

I saw in an interview, Gigi says she will not turn into a pretty lady in the end...she stays 'ugly'. I know Gigi is trying hard and did quite well in this drama but somehow,i dont like her character here...Her acting is good,no doubt...

16. cutiekins

cutiekins Active Member

omg...i like watchin her and that shes suppose to act that way for the role...but i cant stop looking at her teeth wen she talks...i noe i noe...she suppose to be like that but its soo wierd that she talks with her teeth showing and everything....she looks like a dork....so i dont reallly noe wats going on cuz i busy starin at her mouth

17. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

lol, i think the UCF and Men Don't Cry have a similiarity, that is, the lead actress both have those kinda teeth.

18. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Haha...she's got a really cute and funny character. I think she's been playing her role pretty well so far, but I do wish to see her in her normal state again.

19. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

Well the only thing I do not like about Gigi Lai is that when she cries, her expression is very very bad~~!! Its annoying to see her crying too awfully....

20. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

^I thought she was pretty cute when she cried