Girl's Generation Releases Teaser Photos for 5th Album "Lion Heart"

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by Phoenix, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Front Album Cover.jpg

Expected to be released on August 18th-19th, Girl's Generation's 5th Album will have not one, but two title tracks "Lion Heart" and "You think".

And so the company has released teaser photos showing the theme look that they are going for this time around.

Check it out down below: - Pin Up looks and Old Fashioned Dresses - the girls are definitely going back in time

GG1.jpg
    GG2.jpg GG3.jpg GG4.jpg GG5.jpg GG6.jpg GG7.jpg GG8.jpg

~~~

Cred: allkpop

#1 Phoenix, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    • Win! Win! x 1
  2. Phoenix .. (Y) thanks for the update~! I want moar of my Tiffany please :shifty:

3. Phoenix

Lol ~ H! don't shoot me but which one is Tiffany again? :lol:

4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

The girl in the 2nd pic is Tiffany.

A couple of the pics look odd. Sooyoung eyes...lol

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

It kinda reminds me of The Boys concept where they dressed up like the Victorians..

Party was ok. Wasn't the best song for a comeback, but definitely suited for the summer. Interested to see their album. CMIYC was a very nice live song, their choreo is cool.

6. Ya Phoenix 2nd pic (Y)

But i agree, some of these pics make them look quite old... i know they're getting older but yea, this shoot didn't do them favours where it's making em look older

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Going for the mature look...?

I know some people didn't like I Got A Boy, but I thought that concept was something Girls Generation never did. Mr.Mr and Party was plain for me. Catch me If You Can, has a great choreo so that was pretty decent. But in terms of music style, I feel like IGAB was there last unique concept.

8. [​IMG]

Pic from FB

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sherry

Sherry Well-Known Member

:eek2: Wow so pretty, some of them look like a porcelain doll. Are they trying to go *mature* type now?

10. Well when you look back at it all... they are getting older right.. so it makes sense to continue to develop the mature side of them.... can only stay girls for a fixed amount of time

11. Phoenix

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  12. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Their personality through variety shows are still pretty much kids LMAO.

But of course we will never know their true personalities unless we really know them in person..

13. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Of course, fans think they know their idols but we really don't know much about them in RL. We all just want to be naive and think the best of them....lol

14. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Once knetz start hating, they never stop. Look at Sulli, T-ARA, MC Mong, Lee Soogeun.. etc

I love Lee Soogeun MC style. So glad he's filming a new internet variety show with Kang Ho Dong, Lee Seungi, and Eun Jiwon (1n2d S1 cast technically). Really hope that shit gets subbed.

15. Much appreciate meimei (Y)

not sure if i'm liking the hair styles though :sweat:

16. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Mature? LOL...

Man, you youngsters wouldn't know 1940's fashion if it kicked you in the shins. If they were going for mature, they would be dressed like Michelle Obama, not like her grandmother. In fact, what they're wearing is called Retro Style, or Vintage Fashion and it's reminiscent of the period of the 1940's to early 1950's.

640x430xnorah_noh-pagespeed-ic-diasouosgf.jpg

Western fashion became extremely popular in post war Korea and many young Korean women wore clothing that were almost carbon copies of attire available to US teen. This was during an era when the far east wanted to do everything like the US, such that even their home grown designers also emulated western fashions:

https://ifwartistsblog.wordpress.com/2014/12/22/nora-noh-the-first-korean-fashion-designer/

#16 ralphrepo, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

You're right ralph, retro-style is the appropriate term here.. not mature.

With K-pop concepts, it's usually the cute/innocent, sexy, or mature/dark concepts. I got lost trying to describe the girls from only using these terms here..

18. Yes Retro~! lol, totally agree, that's more appropriate to describe what they're trying to achieve here.

Thanks for the blog link too ralphrepo. I like the pic where most of the Korean women are still in their 'korean outfits' staring at the lady in the western get-up (Y)