Grace Chan Jealous of Sisley Choi's Success?

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Jun 7, 2016.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Grace-Chan-jealous.jpg

After being crowned Miss Hong Kong in 2013, Grace Chan (陳凱琳) was blessed with many filming opportunities. Her decision to join the entertainment industry also entwined her fate with boyfriend, Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎), whom she often gushed about for being mature and attentive. With luck in both career and love, Grace is currently one of the most highly promoted fadans at TVB. However, good friend and Miss Hong Kong 2013 first runner-up, Sisley Choi (蔡思貝), may be exceeding Grace in terms of career growth.

Not only is Sisley filming dramas back-to-back, but the 25-year-old actress also received the opportunity to take part in a movie alongside Best Actor, Nick Cheung (張家輝). Despite being compared to Sisley often, Grace expressed that she did not possess any envious feelings about Sisley’s successes. “A movie is only three hours long while a television series is 30 episodes. A movie only requires those few hours to showcase the actor’s performance. On the other hand, TVB is a great company where I can learn things. I want to take things one step at a time. Besides, in addition to great acting skills to film a movie, timing is also very important!”

Grace shared that she was also invited to star in a horror movie even before participating in the beauty pageant. Due to her religious beliefs, however, Grace rejected the offer. “At the time, my manager asked me if I cared about filming this genre of movies. In the end, I rejected it!” On why she accepted the role in Blue Veins <殭> despite the supernatural subject, Grace explained, “The paranormal subject in films are much more realistic. Furthermore, it’s not as scary because of the limitations imposed on television dramas!”

Creds: Oncc

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

They're both equally lucky that they got pretty significant roles as their first few acting gigs.

Others work for years just to get supporting roles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TRUEXDREAMS

TRUEXDREAMS Well-Known Member

Came in the right time. Most of the experienced actresses moved on to the China market.

4. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

They should have done a side by side pic of Sisley and Grace :p Although does seem like Sisley is getting more lead roles then Grace.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

Jealous? She did win "Most Improved actress?" after totally bad acting of both series, correct? If anything, Sisley Choi should be jealous of her for that nonsense award!

6. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

She should be, especially for her being so fake and unable to speak properly. More so, her history is suspect. But worst of all is going with Kevin

7. like shes fighting herself split personality :kelefe: could be new role for her:hmm: